Letter 36

Dear Reader,

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Jamie, Happy birthday to you..." All of us said in unison.

Oh and us includes George, Grace and me.

Not him.

Not that he wasn't invited but he didn't care to come.

Yeah I get the hint that you're ignoring me.

"He's not gonna make it you know.." Jamie whispered.

I looked at her and nodded my head. I didn't care.

"...so its no use looking at the door.." I looked away immediately as I heard her.

She jumped into me searching me and screaming, "So where's my gift??"

God, did no one make her learn what manners are? Or patience?

I rolled my eyes and took out a small white box from my pocket.

"Is this a ring.. Omg are you proposing me, wait... You know right I'm not a lesbo?"

I smacked her arm before everyone bursted out laughing.

She opened the box.

"Awww Blossom!!"

It was a bracelet with her name inscribed on it.

"Wanna see my gif--"

Before George could finish Jamie screamed, "Let's have cake!"

Notification: What the hell was that?

Anyway when we were dancing and Jamie was with Jeremy dancing to Mirrors by Justin Timberlake, I watched George gazing at their direction. He looked away as soon as I caught him staring at her.

Something was definitely suspicious.

Although George was dancing with me I saw him entirely focussed on them, making sure Jeremy doesn't flirt with her much.

I remembered Dex. How I was drunk at the party and he took me up in his arms and we went to his house. How good it felt to be around him..

Focus.

I decided to change partners giving them a little space and taking Jeremy at a distance.

"Hey!" Jamie glared at me and I simply pouted.

I turned back to Jeremy and he had this wild grin on his face.

Gosh.

I'm doing this for my best friend, I constantly reminded myself.

"So a little birdie told me that you and my little bro broke up?"

I looked down.

Calm down. Calm down.

"You know he's moving on ahead in his life.. He's living his life."

I tried but I couldn't help but get insecure. Did he move on? So soon??

"Trust me."

I heard a sound and when I looked back I saw a tall figure walked into the room.

My heart fell back in my stomach.

It has been two weeks that I didn't see Dexter. God I missed him. I kept looking at him for a glimpse. For just an eye contact.

However maybe he didn't feel that way coz he didn't bother to look at me. Not even once. I was with Jeremy and that didn't affect him. He walked passed us.