Chapter 4

Selena smiled at Nick as she walked into his office "Hey Mr s..Jonas" She managed to stop herself from saying sexy as someone else was in the office.

"Miss Gomez, I'd like you to meet my brother Joe" Nick smiled at her shooting her a apoligetic look.

"Joe, nice to meet you I'm Selena" She shook his hand smiling.

"The story your writing, insted of handing it in today you have until tomorrow morning, I'm heading out to dinner with Joe" Nick spoke.

"Okay, Thank you Mr Jonas, and it was nice meeting you Joe" Selena smiled and walked out.

She watched as they left and decided to take the afternoon off to finish her story, grabbing her stuff and her laptop she walked out of the office getting into her car and heading to Vanessa's. She carried her laptop up to the house and knocked on the door, she watch as the door opened and May stood there.

"Awntie Selly!!" May screamed.

"Hey babygirl! Didn't mummy tell you not to open the door to strangers?" Selena giggled as she walked in with May following her.

"Nessa?" She shouted.

"I'll be out in a minute" Vanessa shouted back shortly walking out. Selena gave Vanessa a hug and followed her into the kitchen.

"So how have you been Nessa?" Selena asked as she took a seat at the dining table.

"I've been okay, May's a handful, she asked about Zac the other day" Vanessa sighed looking down at her hands.

"What did you say to her?" Selena leaned forward.

"I told her that her daddy was a hero, and that he was always going to be watching over her from heaven" Vanessa's voice broke at the end.

"Ness, I know your still hurting but Zac would want you to be happy" Selena reached over and grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up, Len I know you don't like talking about it" Vanassa smiled at her.

"It's fine, it feels good to talk about him" Selena thought about some of their memories.

"How's work Lenny?" May ran into the kitchen jumping onto Selena's lap.

"Work's good actually" Selena played with May's hair as she spoke.

"And your love life?" Selena blushed at the question.

"There's a guy. What about you?" She responded.

"I have May, and I can't replace Zac" Vanessa watched May.

"Nobody expects you to replace him, no one could replace him!" Selena responded honestly.

"So about this guy, who is he?" Vanessa pressed for details.

"He's a good guy Ness, I really like him" Selena gushed.

"Aww! Just make sure he treats you right! Or May will have to beat him up" Vanessa laughed.

Selena stayed for dinner and then heading home to finally write her story, she closed her apartment door grabbing her phone from her pocket and hitting Nick's number. Selena held the phone against her ear listening to it ring, she was shocked when a female voice spoke.

"Hello, Nick's phone".

"Erm" Selena stuttered "Hi, I was wondering if Nick was there? It's Selena from work" She spoke confidently.

"Nick's in the shower right now can I take a message?" The voice replied politely.

"Yeah, can I ask who this is first?" Selena held her breath waiting for a response.

"It's Miley Jonas" Miley replied.

"Oh right! Nick's sister!" Selena spoke relieved.

"No, I'm his wife" Miley replied a bit angry.

"Sorry! His sister's named Mandy! Sorry I'm hopeless with names! Anyway, could you let Nick know his ten o'clock meeting tomorrow has cancelled, thank you Miley!" she spoke barely being able to stop her voice from breaking.

"No problem Selena" and with that Miley hung up leaving Selena to break down into tears.

Not believing what she had just heard, she had been seeing Nick for the past three months how had she not seen this. She grabbed her house keys and walked out the door leaving her phone inside as she ran out heading to the one person she really needed.

"Hey, I know its been a while" She brushed her hand along the top of Zac's gravestone. "I made a mistake Zac. I really messed up, I became the other woman. A homewrecker. And I don't know what to do, he lied to me, he's married!" She broke down sitting next to his grave.

"I need you Zac, I really need you!" She sat there thinking about the times they had together playing with his dog tags.