chapter 12

Armin's POV
I reached out for Erwin's door and it opened, revealing Eren and Levi.
"Oh hey Eren.... I was just going to uh... Talk to Erwin".
I rubbed the back of my neck and laughed nervously. He looked a bit confused as he walked out and got out of my way. I smiled and blushed slightly as Erwin glanced at me. I walked in and Eren was shutting the door. Erwin got out of his chair and walked to me with a smile on his face. When i was sure that Eren was out, I pulled Erwin down into a kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands rested on my hips and he sat on his desk so i would be able to reach him easier. I tangled my fingers in his hair and licked his bottom lip. He didn't grant me access and i furrowed my eyebrows together.
He pulled away and i felt confused.
"Erwin... What's wrong?"
He shook his head and closed his eyes,
"Nothing. Everything's fine".
I looked at him with a straight face and crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow at him. He sighed and ran his hand over his face.
"Promise not to tell anyone? I'm going to announce this tonight".
I nodded and waited for him to continue.
"The titans..... It turns out we didn't wipe then all out".
My eyes grew wide and i sat on his couch. I felt like i was going to throw up, my stomach felt like it was twisting.
"H-How..... How did this happen?"
He sat beside me,
"I don't know. All we know is that some citizens went outside the wall and they were attacked. Only a few made it back".
I rubbed my temples and he lifted my chin so i was looking at him.
"Hey.... Don't worry. We will get through this".
I rested my head on his shoulder.
"I don't have to worry as long as I have you".

*1 week later*
Mikasa's POV
we were preparing to start an assault against the titans and i sat on my horse. I stared at my engagement ring. I had put it on a string and wore it around my neck so i wouldn't lose it. I brought it up to my lips and kissed it before tucking it underneath my shirt. I glanced over at Levi and Eren out of the corner of my eye and quickly looked away. He has someone to hold every night. Someone to kiss when they return. He has someone to lose.... Someone to fight for. I don't..... Not anymore.

Eren's POV
I kissed Levi like i always do before a mission and looked into his eyes.
"Are you sure you wanna go? You're not feeling any pain?"
"Eren I'm fine. I wanna protect you".
I kissed his forehead and he started getting on his horse.
"You got that shorty?"
He glared at me and got on his horse with ease before sticking his tongue out at me. I laughed and got on my own horse, glancing at him with a smile.
"Everyone get ready to move out in 5 minutes!"
Erwin mounted his horse and moved to the front of the formation. I looked up at the sky and sighed, before looking over at Mikasa. She had been staring at her ring for the past minute and it looked like she was about to burst into tears. She tucked it inside her shirt and glanced at me. I looked away and let memories of that day flood my head.
I was pulled from my thoughts by Erwin telling us to move out. I snapped the reins on my horse and it moved forward.... Forward into the mission.

A/N OMG hello my lovelies!! I am so so so so sorry that i haven't updated in a while. It's been like 2 months. But i am very much alive and back now :) I'll get in as many updates as I can.