chapter 10

*Eren's POV*
I left Levi alone for the night because he needed lots of sleep. If i spent the night with him, there wouldn't be any sleeping going on if you know what i mean. Eh? Eh??
Anyway..... I was walking through the long hallway towards my room and i heard a loud scream coming from Mikasa's room. I flipped out and began running towards her room. Dammit she better be okay.
I put my hand on the door knob, but i heard another voice. I froze and put my ear against the cool wooden door, listening to the conversation.
*Mikasa's POV*
I had another dream about Ian. This one was about him coming back to me. We held each other all night and when i woke, he was gone. He was gone.....again.
I sat up in bed and screamed his name. Jean burst into my room, slamming the door behind him, and ran over to me. He immediately engulfed me in his arms and i grabbed handfulls of his shirt, balling up my fists.
"He's gone.... Why did he have to die?"
He stroked my hair.
"I know it's hard. It's always gonna be hard. Life will never be the same after you lose someone that important". But what matters...is what you choose to do with your life after that. I'm sure Ian would want you to move on and be happy".
He leaned forward and kissed me. I started struggling, but he gripped my wrists tightly. I took in a sharp breath and shoved him off of me. I wiped my lips,
"I can't do this. I can't do this to Ian"
He ran his fingers through his hair,
"Ian's dead! Don't you get it?! He's not here to stop you from being with anyone else! What's holding you back?!"
Tears streamed down my face. His words stung like a hot iron against my skin, and my words slipped effortlessly off my tongue.
"We were getting married!"
He seemed taken back by my sudden forcefulness. I continued,
"He proposed. The day he died..... We would have gotten married 2 months after. But.... He's gone now....
And anyway.... You can't do this either. What about M-"
He cut me off with a fierce slap.
"MARCO'S DEAD!"
My door slammed open and Eren was standing in the doorway.
"Jean you are so fucking dead!"
*Eren's POV*
They had started arguing and i was about ready to just leave and givethem privacy. But i stayed for a few more seconds.
I heard Mikasa's voice fill the room,
"And anyway.... You can't do this either. What about M-"
I heard him slap her and my blood boiled. I felt like i would go full titan on the spot. Nobody slaps her and gets away with it!
I threw the door open and looked into the narrow eyes of Jean. He looked at me in surprise.
"Jean you are so fucking dead!"
I lunged forward and tackled him. We rolled on the floor for a few seconds and I pinned him down, punching him in the jaw. He cried out in pain before flipping us over and punching me twice.
That's when Mikasa started screaming for help.
I threw him off of me and got on my feet, kicking him in the stomach a few times.
"Dont *kick* you ever *kick* touch her *kick* again!!"
He curled up in a ball and grabbed my leg, pulling and causing me to fall on my back. We rolled around for a minute and i was on top again. I landed a few good punches to his jaw and nose before i was pulled off of him by Erwin.
"Eren stop!"
A small group of people started to gather at the door, peeking in and whispering.
Erwin put me in an arm lock and pinned me against the wall. Mike had also come in and he was holding Jean back.
"Eren what the fuck is going on?!"
I glanced at Mikasa, who had backed up in the corner and curled up in a ball.
"I heard Mikasa scream. She had been having nightmares about Ian lately. So i came to check up on her. And when i got here, i heard Jean with her. I heard him try to kiss her. And when she rejected him, he slapped her. So i beat his ass".
Erwin sighed and released me, walking over to Mikasa and crouching down to look her in the eyes.
"Did all that happen?"
She looked up at him and silently nodded. Erwin looked at Jean, who was struggling in Mike's grip, and walked over to him. He towered over Jean, casting a shadow over him. Jean stopped struggling and swallowed hard, before recieving a hard punch to the stomach. He bent over and clutched his stomach, almost vomiting from the impact. Erwin grabbed him by the collar and dragged him out of the room with Mike trailing behind. They shut the door behind them, leaving a eerie silence lingering in the room.
I looked at Mikasa and slowly moved towards her. I sat in front of her and took her in my arms. She flinched at my touch, but soon melted into my arms.
"Are you okay?"
She nodded and looked at me with an emotionless face. She had a hand mark on her cheek and a bruise was forming. I took her face in my hands and kissed her forehead gently. I carried her back to her bed and layed with her, pulling the covers over us.
"I'll stay with you the rest of the night. I'll protect you".
She buried her face in my chest and i soon felt her jagged breathing become calm and slow. I looked up at the ceiling and sighed. She didn't deserve this. She should be in Ian's arms right now.
This is all my fault

A/N * hello my lovelies! Late update, sorry. I've been feeling a bit sick lately. But I'm back and better than ever! I'll try my best to get at least two more chapters up tonight.
**************
Oh and I'm thinking about a mikasa and Ian reincarnation story. Hmmmmmm.
And I'll do a highschool AU with all of my ships in it so
*scar voice* BE PREPARED!!! Lol
Have a glorious night.