chapter 6

Mikasa's POV

I walked away from Eren with tears in my eyes. I didn't want to leave him alone when Levi was in his condition, but talking about Ian made my heart sink. I just had to get away.
*flashback*
We were preparing for our very first assault against the titans and i was freaking out. I had to protect Eren. I promised Carla that i would always protect him. I was talking to Eren about the plan,
"Eren, if the battle gets too chaotic, come and find me".
"What? But we are in completely different squads!"
"In the midst of the fray, nothing goes according to plan. I'll protect you".
"What are you talking abou-"
He was cut off by Ian Dietrich. He was part of the garison regiment. He was quite fit....wait what?
"Trainee Ackerman. You were specially assigned to the rear guard. Come with me".
"I-I'd only be in the way, sir".
"I didn't ask for your opinion. The evacuation is going slow. We as many elite guards as possible protecting the citizens".
He walked away and i called after him,
"But I-"
Eren got in front of me and gave me a head butt. I grasped my head.
"Get real, Mikasa! It's so unlike you to panic! Mankind is on the brink of extinction! No one gives a fuck about what you want!"
I looked at him with wide eyes and then looked at the ground,
"I'm sorry. I lost my head".
He turned to leave and i grabbed his sleeve,
"Just one thing. Please..... Please don't die".
He looked at me and pulled his arm out of my grip before walking away, leaving me alone.
"I'm not gonna die".
*End flashback*

I layed down in bed and curled up in a ball, clutching my head as another flashback invaded my precious thoughts.

*Flashback*
I was laying on the ground at camp, looking up at the sky.
"Ackerman"
I looked up, and my eyes widened. I stood up and did a salute.
"Squad leader Ian.... What are you-"
He held up a hand to silence me.
"I got permission to come here. I needed to speak with you..... Y-You don't have to salute me".
I sat back down and he sat beside me.
"Ackerman.....Mikasa".
I looked at him shocked. He wouldn't call me by my first name unless it was important...
"Y-Yes?"
He looked into my eyes.
"I wanted to ask you......if you would like to.... If you would want to....be my girlfriend....."
I was shocked..... I couldn't think of anything to say. I looked at the ground.
"So.... Uh.... Would you.... like to?"
I smiled at his shyness. I knew he was serious because he never stutters.
I kissed his cheek quickly.
"Yes I'd like that very much".
He smiled wide and kissed me quickly before pulling away embarrassed.
"S-sorry..was that too sudden?"
I giggled and grabbed the collar of his jacket, pulling him forward to press our lips together. His hands cradled my face and i continued to grip onto his collar. People passing by stared and some whistled. I could feel his blush and I giggled into the kiss.
I bit his bottom lip and pulled away. His eyes opened slowly and a huge smile formed on his lips.
I laughed and shook my head. I tackled him, wrapping my arms around him and straddling his waist. He sat up and returned my embrace. We stayed in that position for at least 20 minutes as we talked about anything and everything. He played with a piece of my hair and nonchalantly spoke,
"I love you".
I blushed and bit my lip to keep from smiling like an idiot,
"I love you too".
He had to go a few minutes later. But before he walked away, he grabbed my face and gently brushed his lips against mine and hesitated. It drove me wild, so i pulled him forward and crashed our lips together. Our lips moved together in perfect harmony before he pulled away.
"I'll see you soon".
I smiled and nodded. He kissed my forehead and left to go back to his post. He told me he would try to visit when he was on break. But it may not be every day.
I smiled to myself and pulled my red scarf over my face to hide my stupid smile.
*end flashback*

I tucked my knees to my chest and. cried silently. I lost control of my emotions and screamed into my pillow, wishing that he wasn't gone. Nobody came in to check on me. Nobody noticed. Nobody wanted to notice.

*A/N* heyyyyy so i thought that Mikasa needed a chapter for herself. There will be more chapters like this. They will consist of flashbacks of her time with Ian and her personal feelings. But it won't take over the story. I had to make the picture for this chapter because No one ships them. Thwre are literally no pictures of them. Anyway... I really hope you enjoy :)