5- entrapment

5 - entrapment

Within minutes Atem appeared at the base of the mountain that he saw in Shadi's crystal ball. Atem could see a path leading up as he could remember that Yugi laid with a cave close by. Atem slowly walked up the path hoping to catch Yugi off guard.

Yugi awoke when he could feel this strange power vibrating in the air. Yugi crept out of his cave to see a teenager climbing up the path. In the back of Yugi's mind, he recognized the person but to the demon he saw food. Yugi lept out of the cave heading straight for him as Yugi's clawed feet dug into Atem's shoulders Atem screamed in pain as he took a pair of shackles clamping them around Yugi's clawed feet. The demon howled in pain as the down from the sky. Atem wiggled out of Yugi's grasp quickly getting away from his brother. Yugi stared at Atem through his glowing red eyes which seemed darker and more dangerous than usual as a guttered snarl lept out of Yugi's lips. Atem stared back at Yugi holding tightly in his hands three more shackles. Atem's shoulders were bleeding from the wounds that Yugi had inflicted on him.

"Yugi it's me, it's Atem." Atem stated as Yugi lept at him with his claws extended out. Atem quickly dodged out of the way nearly avoiding Yugi's scythed tail. Atem noticed that his reflexes was much quicker than normal nbut Yugi proved to be much more agile than Atem as he somersaulted onto Atem. Atem quickly shacked Yugi's hands as he then kicked his brother off of him. *Clearly it seems that the demon has control over him.* Atem thought to himself as he scrambled back up to his feet holding the last shackle in hand. The shackles that Atem had managed to get onto Yugi chained his hands and feet together as he couldn't move. The demon snarled aggressively at Atem as the smell of blood clung to the air. "I am sorry to do this to you Yugi but you leave me no choice. I made a promise and I plan to keep it." Atem replied with tears in his eyes as he walked up to the demon slowly. Part of Yugi's consciousness finally suppressed the demon when he realized that he had attacked and hurt his own brother. Small whimpers came out of Yugi when Atem came up close to snap the last shackle in place. Yugi didn't move as he allowed his brother to chain him up. Yugi glanced at the wounds on Atem's shoulders as he moved his chained clawed wing hands pulling at Atem's shirt. Atem had noticed that Yugi's eyes had changed as his mannerisms was more gentle and loving. Yugi's snake-like tongue licked at the wounds cleaning off the blood as his saliva acted like a healing agent. The wounds began to heal instantly leaving no trace of a scar. "I knew that you were in there Yugi. It's all right now, I am going to help you. We will find someway to lift part of this curse from you." Atem stated as Yugi tended to his wounds. Suddenly both of them where surrounded by a bright light as they disappeared from the forest ending back at Shadi's shop.

"You have really well at your first task Atem. Now I have to have time to prepare what your journey. I will keep Yugi here where he will not cause any trouble. Go home and I will call you when I have everything ready. When you come back bring with you an item that you and Yugi can relate too something that has an important meaning to the both of you." Shadi stated as with a simple wave of his hands Yugi was partly clothed as he wore a pair of blue jean shorts that ended at above his knees. A huge hole was missing out of the back where his tail emerged through it. Yugi carefully sniffed at Shadi unsure of what to make of the mage.

"All right Shadi. Yugi listen to me carefully, Shadi is going to look after you for a while but I will be back." stated Atem as Yugi whimpered for him not to go. Shadi gently patted Yugi on the shoulder as Atem got up to leave. Yugi watched with sad eyes as his brother left the store heading back home without Yugi.

After Atem had left Yugi walked over to a spot in Shadi's shop curling up. Shadi snapped his fingers as the blanket magically appeared laying over Yugi's partial nude body.

"I have done as you asked. Are you certain that you want these two boys to go through with this trial?" Shadi asked in a hushed voice. A young woman stepped out of the shadows as she looked almost like an Egyptian goddess.

"I am certain Shadi. Magic is starting to awaken in the world once again. It is no coincidence that Zorc's book landed hin their hands. I will not allow Zorc to take them." the woman stated.

"I shall continue to assistthem as much as possible Ishizu." Shadi stated bending at the waist as the woman simply disappeared.