Chapter 14

A/N Here is chapter 14 I hope you like it,  Please vote.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recap:

"I'm Niall" he says.

"Nice to meet you Niall, I'm Steve" I say.

He nods at me smiling a little.

"So have you got anywhere to stay? I ask.

"No" Niall says.

"Well I guess the girls can come down and meet our next guest then"I say
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2.11.2020
Laura's POV

After hearing dad's last sentence we walk down the stairs and over to dad.

I look at Niall, he seems nice enough.

"I'm Laura, and this is Emily" I say pointing at Emily who is standing beside me.

"I'm Niall" Niall says.

"Nice to meet you Niall" I say.

"Nice to meet you too" Niall says.

"So what are you doing here all by yourself?" Dad asks.

"I'm an orphan, I came from the orphanage in the city,  I was the only one that made it out" Niall says.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I say.

"Its OK, I didn't really have a great relationship with any of them" Niall says.

"OK, so we should go downstairs and get you set up now" Dad says.

We walk back over to the basement door and go back downstairs.

Me and Emily walk carefully as we are still holding the stacks of board games.

When we get to the bottom me and Emily place the board games beside the bunk in a tall pile.

There is only 4 bunks down here so I don't know where Niall will sleep.

"We only have 4 bunks, where will Niall sleep? " I say.

"I'll get the camping bed from the attic" Dad says.

"I'll come with you" I say.

"OK lets go then" Dad says.

I follow dad back up the stairs and into the upstairs part of the house.

Dad opens the attic hatch and climbs up,  I then climb up after him.

"I'll find the bed" I say.

"OK,  I need to find something else anyway" Dad says.

I walk over to where we keep our camping gear and start looking for the bed.

Once I find the bed about 5 minutes later I  drag it over to the hatch and leave it there.

I look up to see what Dad is doing, he appears to be looking though boxes  on the other side of the room.

"What are you looking for" I say.

"Just some stuff we might need, it might take a while so you can take the bed back down now" He says.

"OK"I say.

I walk back over to where I left the bed and climb halfway down the ladder before reaching up and pulling the bed down.

I hold it tightly and carefully climb down the rest of the ladder.

After reaching the bottom I carry the bed all the way down stairs making sure I don't trip on the way down.

When I reach the basement I place the bed on the floor and mum starts to set it up next to my bunk.

I sit on the floor and help mum get all the right poles in the right places.

Before connecting the last two poles we slide the bed material over them and then we click the poles into place.

I stand up and mum finishes attaching the bed material to the short ends.

"Well that's set up now so I'll go get you some bedding." Mum says.

"OK,  thanks for all of this" Niall says.

"Its OK" Mum says.

Mum walks over to a cupboard in the corner, it appears to be filled with bedding, towels and even a couple of pillows.

She pulls out some sheets and a pillow with a cover on.

She brings the pile back over to the bed and places it on the ground.

She then picks up the fitted sheet and places it over and then just lays the flat sheet on top as there is nothing to tuck it into.

She places the pillow at the top of the bed right next to where mine is.

I hope he doesn't snore.

"I'll get you a blanket in case you get cold,  but you should be OK,  its pretty warm down here" Mum says before walking back over to the cupboard, pulling out a black fluffy blanket and folding it neatly.

She walks back over to the bed and places the blanket just underneath the end of the bed.

"I'll just leave it there for you, Ok" Mum says.

"Ok" Niall says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Niall's POV

I was really grateful that they had let me stay and gotten me a bed.

They had trusted me so easily and been so nice,  I could never betray them.

Well I guess I should tell you a bit about myself then.

As you know already my name is Niall, just Niall,  I never knew my last name.

I'm 15 years old and my birthday is on the 17 of November.

Currently I believe it is the 2 of November, so its just over two weeks till my birthday. Not that we could really have a celebration or anything.

I look over to the girls and see that they have changed into pyjamas, its getting late, I guess we should go to sleep soon.

I find the bathroom and change into my pyjamas.

When I come out I see Steve at the top of the stairs carrying a box.

He locks the door before walking down the stairs and placing the box by his bed, he doesn't open it.

I go climb into bed and get comfortable.

"Good night" I say.

I hear everyone reply and a few minutes later I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N here is Chapter 14, I hope you like it. I have now added dates in so you know what time of year it is.)

Vote.      Comment.       Share.   

3 votes and I'll write the next chapter.