Chapter 21

Recap: Dad grabs the edge of the duvet and yanks it all the way back quickly.

Once the duvet is out of the way I can see what was in the bed and It's one of the things I least expected it to be.

It's a little girl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N Here is the next chapter, sorry if it took a while, I was trying to get more votes and sort out more of the details about the New Character)
5/11/2020
Laura's POV

The little girl was laying far enough down on the bed that her head was covered by the duvet, but it must have been high enough for her to still be able to get more air without making much noise.

If she hadn't been able to be this quiet I have no doubt that the zombie would have gotten her next.

While the place we found her was very peculiar, what was more strange was the way she looked.

She look very young and her height seemed to match that, everything else however was were it got weird.

Despite seeming so young her hair was a completely unnatural colour. I was a light shade of pastel purple all the way through, the colour looked so perfectly solid that it almost looked synthetic.

The next particularly strange thing I noticed were her eyes. She had slowly opened them up shortly after we had pulled the duvet away and was now staring at us with large unblinking eyes. Her eyes were a strangely bright shade of solid silver, if you looked close enough it almost looked as if it was sparkling, despite there bing almost no light in the room.

I took a step back from the bed and stopped staring at her, she probably thought this was all really weird.

I noticed my dad was still staring at her so I nudged him with my elbow and he looked away.

The girl hadn't spoken yet, I don't even know if she could, she did look very young.

I decided to ask her name so we would at least know what to call her, 'little girl' isn't exactly a name.

I crouched down so that I was at eye level with her.

"Can you talk?" I asked first.

She nodded her head but still didn't say anything, she was probably just felling a bit nervous. I would probably be the same way if I was in her position.

"Don't worry, we're just here to help you. Would you like to tell us your name?" I asked.

She nodded again and I thought she wasn't actually going to tell us, but a few seconds later she opened her mouth.

"My name is Althea" She said in a very small voice.

"That's a very beautiful name" I said trying to make her feel a little less shy.

"Thanks" She said, her voice was so quiet you almost couldn't hear it.

"Do you know what happened here?" I asked, she nodded.

"Do you want to tell us?" I asked trying not to be too pushy, she might not want to talk about it.

She shook her head and stayed silent again. I had kind of expected her to do that, this wasn't exactly a good situation she was in.

We had found the zombie now and that meant that we would be going back to our house.

All the new food we had collected should last us a while.

If she was going to come live with us, which was pretty likely cause she couldn't really stay here alone, then we were going to need another bed.

We had already used up all the beds and the stretcher so we didn't have any more.