Chapter 15

(Here is chapter 15, I hope you like it)

RECAP
Niall's POV
~
I find the bathroom and change into my pyjamas.

When I come out I see Steve at the top of the stairs carrying a box.

He locks the door before walking down the stairs and placing the box by his bed, he doesn't open it.

I go climb into bed and get comfortable.

"Good night" I say.

I hear everyone reply and a few minutes later I fall asleep
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.11.2020 1:35pm
Laura's POV

We are currently playing monopoly, mum and dad aren't playing, but me Niall and Emily are.

I'm winning by a lot, I have heaps of money and properties already and Niall and Emily owe me like 100 million each.

I don't know why we're still playing while they have so much debt.

"Why don't you guys just give up already?" I say.

"NEVER!" says Emily pretty loudly.

"But you know you can't win" I say.

"Who cares! I'll never give up! " says Emily.

"You guys might as well stop now, lunch is ready" Dad says placing food on the table.

"Ugh fine, I guess you win then" says Emily.

We pack up quickly, putting everything neatly into the box.

Niall doesn't seem to mind that we finished early, however Emily seem very annoyed.

Its not like either of them could have won anyway.

I put the box back in the stack of games and take my seat at the table.

We try to have smaller meals now, but we do have to eat the stuff that will expire so we are having that first, we don't want to waste it.

Today we are having the last of the bread, I don't know if we'll ever have it again.

I take a slice from the last pack of ham and put it on my bread along with a little tomato sauce, I want to make that last.

I add some cheese as that will also be past its expiry in a week or so.

I place the second piece of bread on top of my sandwich and take my first bite.

Usually I wouldn't eat the crusts but I couldn't care less right now.

I eat my sandwich slowly, savouring every mouthful.

The chances are I will never get to eat this again.

I know I should be optimistic, but I just cant see there ever being an end to all of this.

No matter what happens, whether or not the disease is cured, the world will be changed forever.

A quarter the world is probably dead already, half of it infected.

The 'cure' that is made one day may not even be a cure, maybe it will just make you immune.

This means we will probably never get back all those people that are infected but alive.

It's a sad thought that many of the people you know may not be alive anymore.

Anyway, I don't want to be all the time so I have to ignore that for now and just be happy that I'm alive.

It's been about half an hour since we started eating, nobody has finished yet, I guess everyone wants to savour it.