The First Meeting

Chapter 2

The Bittersweet First Meeting

Kathryn was sitting at the airport lounge.

~ Last call for the passengers of flight 653 going to Manila, Philippines. Please proceed to aisle 3 for boarding~

She clutched her passport, stood up and walk towards aisle 3 to join the other passengers.

As soon as she was settled in on her sit, she took out her handy phone and sent a text message to Kevin.

"I'm sorry Kuya but I need to do this. I hope you understand. I promise to return to Japan after a year to fulfill the agreement with Mr. San Juan. " tears rolled down her cheeks once again. She turn her handy phone off and place it on the cupboard.

She was looking out the window, still crying. She's bidding farewell to the place she loved.

She only have a year left to live her life as she wanted. One year of freedom. But will it be enough time for her to be ready for marriage?

She hated her husband-to-be. She vowed to hate him until that day when he himself would give up.

She left everything in Japan. Her family, friends and her home. She's heading to the Philippines but she doesn't know what awaits her in that foreign land. She intend to live a different life and as a different person.

She told her brother that she will be leaving to find herself and to embrace the last year she'll have as a single woman before finally being chained into a marriage of deceit. She never told anyone where she's heading.

She need a new life, even for just a year...

*******************************************

Touchdown in Manila, Philippines.

"Hay, finally. Now let's see, I need to find a place to stay and I will need a job as well. I only have limited cash with me. I didn't bring any of my credit cards to avoid being found by my brother." Kathryn thought while holding on to her trolley bag.

She also intentionally left her handy phone in the waiting area because she knows that Kevin will try to trace her.

While walking in the streets of Manila, someone from behind grab her bag and ran off..

"Hey! Hey! My bag... My bag... Help.. Anyone... ," Kathryn shouted in panic.

But no one seems to care.

She tried to ran after the culprit but her high heels shoes kept her from running fast, she took them off and ran as fast as she can.

She was able to grab the handle of her bag that's hanging loose but just as soon as she grabbed them, the thief pulled it away which made her lose her balance and she fell off on the garbage bags nearby.

Though it was almost impossible to catch the thief she still tried to get up and ran not minding how she looks with all the filth hanging on her body, her hair is all messed up and she doesn't have a shoe on!

She was running towards an intersection when suddenly, KABOOM! She tried to open her eyes with difficulty and she saw someone asking if she's okay. And that was all she could remember before finally fainting.

***********************************

On the other hand, just a few hours ago in that same airport where Kathryn came out, Daniel is impatiently waiting for Arisse.

"Kuya! Kuya!.," Arisse shouted while sitting in a white Mercedes Benz pulling towards Daniel.

Daniel gave her an angry look before joining her in the car. They were sitting at the backseat.