I'm the Boss

Chapter 4

I'm the Boss

DJ arrived at the mansion almost past midnight. He went to four meetings earlier and was buried in office work. He didn't realize it was almost midnight. The house is pit dark with only the front porch light lit up. Though tired and exhausted, he had to drag his self towards the kitchen to grab something filling. He hadn't had dinner with only coffee to take while working.

He didn't bother turning on the light because his plan is just to take anything out of the fridge and bring it upstairs. When he was a few steps away from the fridge, someone opened it up first.

"Ah, maybe its Arisse.. wait, no.. this is not Arisse"

His steps were frozen and he wasn't able to move forward.

The light coming from the fridge gave him enough view to see the person earnestly searching for something.

With all the darkness around him and the only light coming from the fridge directed toward this angel, it was truly majestic.

She has a beautiful face with creamy tan skin. Her cheeks naturally radiates a pinkish blush and she has those cute little eyes with long natural lashes. She keeps on biting her lips while thinking on what to get. It was luscious and pouting.

"Geez, I must really be tired to be seeing these things.."

"Maybe my eyes are deceiving me. But I can't take it off that beautiful angelic face"

He was afraid to move an inch or even blink an eye for he was afraid the scene in front of him may vanish.

"Ah.. I can stare at her all day."

***************************************************

Kathryn must have slept for hours because when she woke up and checked the clock it was already midnight. Arisse must have seen her sleeping soundly so she did not bother to wake her up. She got out of the bed and went straight to the bathroom to wash her face. She was drying her face looking the mirror when suddenly her stomach made a funny noise.

"Urgh, I'm hungry. I haven't eaten dinner and the last food I have eaten is chicken sandwich."

She decided to go downstairs and grab something to bite. She tiptoed towards the kitchen making sure she's not making any noise to wake up anyone. She did not know where the switch for the kitchen light so she just went straight to the fridge to get any food that she can bring to her room.

"Hmm, I wonder what should I choose?"

There's a lot of food in the fridge but she doesn't know where the microwave is so she need to pick a filling food that doesn't need to be heated.

"Should I go for a fruit? How about vegetables?"

She was earnestly trying to decide while biting her lower lips.

She settled in choosing an apple and two bananas. As she was grabbing he fruits, she felt a presence lurking in the dark. It was as though she was watched. She swallowed hard before deciding to look at her left side.

When she turn her head to check on the presence that's watching her,  she saw a silhouette of a man standing beside the counter top looking directly at her.

Her nervousness got the better of her, she ends up shouting while throwing the apple directly towards the person.

***********************************************

Daniel saw how the woman turn her head towards his direction.

"Damn! She's really beautiful, now that I can see her whole face."  he thought to himself.