Lie To Me

Chapter 3

Lie to Me

Kathryn saw how shocked the three were when she said she doesn't remember anything.

"Sorry, I don't have a choice. I don't want to lie but I have no where to go," Kathryn thought to herself.

"I don't see any major head injury but I guess this must be caused by a trauma. I'll have to get you to the laboratory for further test." Pat tried to check her folder again.

"A-are you sure? Maybe you need to rest a little bit more. You sure you can't remember even your name?" Daniel can't believe what he's hearing.

"Kuya, let us let her rest first. Maybe she hasn't recuperated yet from the accident." Arisse grabbed Daniel arms and lead him out of the room.

"I don't believe this! I haven't even rested yet and I have a meeting in an hour." Daniel can't believe the situation he got himself into.

"I'm sure Pat will do everything to make her condition better. I'll handle it from here. You need to head out to the office. Don't worry too much okay?" Arisse smiled.

**************************************

Daniel knew he doesn't have a choice so he walked out and headed straight to the office. As he was driving to the office, he still can't help but think about the mysterious woman. The woman was filthy, she doesn't have shoes on and her hair is tangled by all sorts of garbage.

"Is she crazy? No, no... not likely... Though she looked like a mess, she seems to be sane. But what will happen now?" As soon as he arrived in the office, he called for Marco.

Marco is also one of his trusted friend and the head of Intelligence and Logistics Department.

"What's up? Did you just came directly from the airport?" Marco immediately said as soon he entered the room.

"Yes, I was not able to go home to change because we ran into a little problem. I was calling you a while ago but you're not answering your phone." Daniel answered.

Marco: "Oh that, I'm sorry but I was busy doing research. What's the problem you bumped into?"

Daniel: "On our way home, we accidentally hit a woman by our car. We took her to the hospital but when she woke up, she can't remember anything."

Marco: "Really?! Oh man, that's a big mess you got there. So what are you planning to do now?"

"I don't know either. I still need to speak to our legal counsel first. But at the moment, Pat is doing some lab test to make sure there is no major damage." Daniel explained.

"Oh I see. So what do you need me for?" Marco asked.

"I need you to ran a background check on the woman. Find out what where she lives. Try to find her family. We need to know her identity first and foremost."

***************************************************

Back at the hospital, Kathryn just got back from the laboratory. Pat had her X-ray and CAT scan. She also had to undergo some test to check if there's any internal damage.

She's alone in the room and she's still thinking what her next plan of action is.

Her identity should never be revealed. She's still nervous for letting them believe she has amnesia.

"What was I thinking?" she scolded herself.

"Now, I'm really in trouble. I can't let them find out who I am so I guess I'll just go with my little lie for a little while."