Everybody Cries At Weddings

I stood on the stage, looking at the crowd of family and friends. In the front row was Frank, Ray, Mikey and Bob. I saw tears in Frank's eyes but everybody cries at weddings. I didn't like to see Frank cry, our any of my friends, but it was impossible not to cry now.

I sat in the bus, staring up at the ceiling. The door opened and I looked up to see Frank. "Hey Frankie," I smiled.

He didn't say anything back though. "Are you okay?" I asked becoming concerned. He nodded slightly but I knew him better. "Frankie please,"

"You getting married?" He asked, tears bordering his eyes. Oh.. I nodded and so did he. He faked a smile then hugged me. "Congratulations Gee," he smiled fakely.

"Thank you Frankie," I smiled back. The tears poured down his face and I pulled away. "Are you crying?" I asked.

"E-everybody cries at weddings, Gee."

Lindsey grabbing my hands interrupted my daze and I blinked. The preacher stood behind us and I bit my lip.

"Today we are here for the wedding of Gerard Way and Lindsey Ballato." He said. I took in a breath and glanced at Frank in the crowed who already had the tears running down his face, and I saw hurt in his eyes. Wait - what?

"Do you?" I herd Lindsey whisper. I blinked again. "I do," I said. So did Lindsey. "You may now kiss the bride," the preacher said and I leaned and kissed her and she kissed back.

The crowed clapped and I pulled away, looking to the crowd, specifically Frank. He clapped slightly, trying hard to hide his sob.

I'll never know if I messed up by marrying Lindsey. Frank didn't love me. Not that way, anyways.

Besides, everybody cries at weddings.