Chapter 1

Josh's p.o.v
As I sat on my bed aimlessly strumming my guitar I saw a large removal van. Today must be the day that the new people are moving in next door.
I looked out of the window and watched the removal men open the back of the van as a few people came out of the house to take the millions of boxes into the house. 'They must be the new neighbours' I thought to myself. Then, someone caught my eye.
There she stood looking beautiful as ever. Flora Moore. The girl who was my best friend until I did something stupid and not only broke our relationship but broke her heart as well.
As quickly as I could I rushed to the phone dialling Ross' number immediately. After three rings he answered
"Alright Josh?"
"Guess who just moved in next door."
"The president of the USA?" replied Ross sarcastically.
"Oi less of the sarcasm." I laughed slightly.
"Seriously though you phoned up sounding so urgent it must be someone important."
"It is someone important. Someone who always has been and always will be very important. It's Flora Moore, Ross."
"What are you doing still on the phone wit me Josh you need to go out and talk to her."
"I can't Ross. She hates me."
"No she doesn't. You guys just fell out but when you were kids growing up you must have fell out all the time. Don't let that stupid thing that you did get in the way."
"Okay. I'll get over there and talk to her after the removal van leaves. If this ends badly though Ross I'm holding you entirely responsible."
"Yeah, whatever Josh. Just ring me to let me know how it goes."
With that he hung up.
I watched as more boxes were taken into the house until finally the can drove away. I got up and checked myself in the mirror. I had to look good for her. Then I put on my converse and headed out the door and towards her new house. With a deep breath I knocked on the door. After what seemed like forever the door opened and there she stood.
With her black skinny jeans and a Beatles top on with her hair in a bun she took my breath away.
How could I have done what I did to her.
"Josh?" She said in little more than a whisper.
"Hello Flora."
"I...I live next door and I saw you when the van was outside taking some boxes into your house so I thought I'd come and say hello."
She looked at me for a moment, and I looked at her. Neither of us new what to say. We had both been friends for so long and then in one day we stopped talking completely just because of something stupid I did and now here we were. Together again. It's strange how you can go from being someone's best friend and talking with them about anything and everything to hardly even knowing them and having conversations that were little more than awkward silences.

******
Hi guys. So this chapter is fairly short but the next one is gonna be longer and a lot better, I promise. Anyway, I've started writing chapter 2 and I'm very excited about posting it.
Thanks for reading don't forget to
Vote,
Comment,
Follow.