Chapter 12

A/N:

I'm BACCCCKKKKKK!!!!! I know it has been quite some time, but if you read my last update, it explains my hiatus. So, enjoy this chapter!

Janice's POV

I watched my husband being hauled away by the hands of his best friend, Luke. I knew he was just doing his job and I knew he waited as long as he could to even take him, but still I hated that the love of my entire existence was taken from me. All because of some psycho who had a grudge against me for surviving a plane crash.

The arrival of the doctor took my attention away from the empty hall where my husband was just dragged away.

"Mrs. Rush, it is good to have you awake. I know that there have been some circumstances that have just arrived, but we need to do a full-scale check up on you and the fetuses." He said with a sort of strained sympathy.

I turned towards him and struggled to put a smile on my face. I knew he was right, but couldn't I just have a moment to process that I was awake and that my husband was just arrested in the first few minutes of my being conscious.

Internally I growled, but the minute he told me that we'd be doing an ultrasound my mood brightened. I was going to see my babies.

The doctor and nurses finished up on my check up and then moved to checking on the babies. An ultrasound machine was brought into the room and I began to become nervous. I was about to see my babies and Casey wasn't.

It was bittersweet.

I was asked to lift up my gown revealing my large bump. A cool gel was placed on my stomach and then a wand was placed on top. A picture appeared on the screen on the ultrasound machine.

There they were, my children. My two beautiful daughters.

"You're twenty-six weeks along. And the babies are growing at a healthy pace and everything seems to be fine with development." The doctor told me.

Tears began filling my eyes. I was so happy. Yet, I was saddened at the same time. I get to experience this. And only I.

After the doctors left me alone, Casey's parents came and stayed with me. Linda, Casey's mom, was supportive and worrying over me like she was my own mom. I loved this feeling very much. Casey's dad was there, but he didn't ask much. Maybe he wasn't sure how to speak to me. Yet, then again, he isn't very talkative, so I know he cares, in his silent way.

"Have you heard anything on Casey?" I asked eagerly.

"He is at the station giving a statement. He has been processed. Luke said he would call or come by to let us know about anything. I do know that there will be a set of officers coming to question you." Linda told me, and if you speak of the devil, he will appear. Luke and another officer walked into my room.

I scowled at them. Clearly I was not ready nor in the mood to be answering questions.

"Hey Janice. How are you feeling?" Luke had the audacity to ask me.

I groaned "Well, to be completely honest, I am not in a great mood. I'm pretty upset if you'd really like to know."

He sighed "Janice, you know I am doing my job. I had to do it. I held it off for as long as I could."

"Of course you just had to arrest him the minute I woke up from my coma!" I practically yelled at him and one of the many machines I was hooked up to beeped.

"Janice, calm down, you don't want to harm the babies." Casey's dad pleaded.

I was shocked he actually said something. I did what he said and calmed myself down as much as I could. "Fine. If you have questions, then get on with it."