Chapter 7

A/N:

I know, I know, I know that it has been a LONG time since my last update. The end of my third semester in college has come and now I am home for winter break. You have no idea how time consuming the final months of this semester have been. I'm not going to make a long A/N on this but I would like to point out that over Thanksgiving break I, along with 505 of the finest people I know, marched in the 88th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Not only did we march in it, but we were the LEAD! I am a member of Western Carolina University's Pride of the Mountains Marching Band. I am 1 out of 33 flute players for the largest collegiate marching band in the United States. As a proud member of the baddest band in the land, I give you a long awaited update. Enjoy Chapter 7 my loves and please look my marching band up on YouTube.

XOXO Brianna #WCUPOTMFlute #PurpleandGold

Chapter 7

Five weeks had passed since Casey and I had professed our undying love to one another in the hallways of the place where we first met. I'll admit the past few weeks have brought some minor cramping and pain, but I assume that is from the baby growing. I was now eighteen weeks along in my pregnancy. That means we can find out what we are having. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for today after school. Casey will be accompanying me of course. First we just have to get through today. I have a feeling that this will be the longest Thursday of my life.

I am just so excited to become a mother. I know Casey is just as excited to become a father. We've already begun picking out names. We chose Elise for a girl and Xzavier for a boy. Casey's mother has already helped me decorate the nursery. We a gender neutral color for the walls. It's a pale yellow. And we left a wall blank for an accent color. Either salmon pink for a girl or royal blue for a boy. We have a dark brown crib, but we decided to wait until we found out what we are having before we got bedding and other room decorations.

Casey has been reading to our baby every night. Currently he is reading Romeo and Juliet. I've been teasing him on it, mainly because it is a tragic story about a thirteen year old meeting a seventeen year old and being in a three day long relationship that caused six deaths. Not the typical story to be reading to a baby. He also sings to our baby. His voice is the same amazing tone it was on the island. He continues to say I sing better than him, but I do not think I can sing to save my life. Yet, we still sing together for our baby. Gosh, our baby. It just twenty-two weeks, we will be holding our son or daughter in our arms.

Finally, it is time for school to start and after what seemed like eternity, it was lunch time. I was on my way to meet Casey in his classroom when I felt a sharp sudden pain in my stomach. I grabbed onto the wall with one hand and the other clenched my stomach.

My baby I thought in terror No, I will not let anything happen to my baby. Not today.

I let out a scream as the pain increased. People looked at me and I saw figures rushing to me as my vision blurred. The pain increased as I heard someone call my name.

"JANICE!" Mr. Seagrove called my name.

"AHHH! GET CASEY! I NEED MY HUSBAND!" I screamed as people held me up.

A few seconds later, I felt familiar arms grasp me and lift me up. I look up to see Casey cradling me. I gasped in pain.

"Call 9-1-1! Now!" Casey yelled then returned his eyes to me. I did nothing but look into his eyes. Tears filled both of our eyes. I knew he was as worried as I was. What was going to happen to our child? I could care less about me, but our baby meant more to me then my own life. I don't know if Casey thought that way or not.

The pain began going away, but I feared that it meant I had lost my baby. I began seeing black spots cloud my vision.

"Janice, stay with me! Stay awake." I heard him begging me and as much as I want to listen to him, I couldn't. Darkness had surrounded me. I tried hard to fight it, but I could feel Casey holding me, then I felt nothing.