Chapter 8

Author’s Note:

Hey my darlings,

I have worked hard to get this chapter typed out. I’ve been swamped with school work and with the start of a new semester. So, I hope you enjoy.

XOXO Brianna

Chapter Eight

The week of bed rest had passed. It was the night before I was supposed to go back to work. How could I just quit? How could I lie to my husband on why I wouldn’t be returning? I couldn’t. I won’t. But I don’t know what Brad is or isn’t capable of. I wasn’t about to risk the lives of my unborn children nor was I going to risk the life of my husband. But I still don’t know how I’m going to get out of not going to work.

“Casey, we need to talk about something.” I said quietly as he sat up in bed next to me reading an English paper of one of his students he had to grade.

“Yeah, babe, what about?” He said with a nod, not taking his eyes off the paper. He was listening, but this was his way of saying he didn’t think our conversation was just a simple conversation and not something as serious as what I was about to tell him.

“I’m not going to work tomorrow.” I said plainly, but I knew he had heard what I said because he snapped his head in my direction.

“What? What do you mean you’re not going to work tomorrow?” He asked with confusion plastered on his face.

“I’m not going to work tomorrow or any other day for that matter.” I said in the same tone as before.

“Janice, what the hell has gotten into you?” Casey snapped making me jump slightly.

His eyes softened with sorrow when he realized what he had said and how he had said it. “Janice, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap at you like that, I shouldn’t have done that. But seriously, why are you not wanting to go to work?”

I looked down and rubbed my hands on my almost twenty week’s pregnant belly. “I’m scared of another event like what happened two weeks ago. I don’t want that to happen again. So, I feel it best to just stay on bed rest.” I kept my eyes on my belly, it was easier to deal with lying to my husband.

I heard him sigh and set his papers on the nightstand and he scooted flush up against me and wrapped his arms around me, placing his chin on top of my head. “Janice...” He whispered “Look, I know you’re scared. I am too. But you seemed to like teaching, and it provides more income to help with now a household of four. And the doctor said it would be fine to return back to work. We have to trust him on his word. Just come back to work and if it starts being too much on your body, then we will go back to the doctors and see if, then, you can be put back on bed rest. I know you can do this, you’re strong. That’s one of the many reasons why I fell in love with you. It’s one of the many reasons why I am still in love with you. And it’s one of the many reasons why I will always be in love with you.”