Chapter 10

OMG! My book is under the "if you liked Island Rush" ahshsjenens! I'm so happy and it has been snowing here since 1am. I'm going to play.
Author's Note:

I'm trying to update more. And for the record, I may be a Certified Nursing Assistant, but I am not the holder of all medical knowledge, so I will most likely have a bit of this incorrect. I apologize for the inconvenience. Otherwise, I hope you are all enjoying this story. I am also letting you know, that this is the tenth chapter. I am only writing until chapter 25. There will be an epilogue. Also, please check out my other story, Murder, Justice, and Love. It's a crime drama/romance.

XOXO Brianna

Chapter Ten

CASEY'S POV

Only a few hours had passed since Janice had an episode. I hadn't moved from my chair next to her bed. My mother and father had already gone home. It was around midnight. It is hard to believe that it has been only eighteen hours since I talked to Janice, held her in my arms, kissed her. Told her I loved her. Heard her voice, God, her voice was what gave me strength.

I remember on the island how I confessed to her how I loved her voice. It was everything to me, it still is. She is everything to me. My mind has drifted off to the darkest of thoughts. I know that the doctors are reassuring me that she will pull through, but negativity clouds my judgment. I do not know what I would do without her. I don't think I could do it. I'm not strong enough without her. She is the strongest person in this relationship. I am weak without her, like I am right now.

I never knew I would ever be so attached to a person like I am to Janice. I didn't think it was possible, but I am so deeply in love with her, that I'll never fall out of love with her. Even if she grew to hate me, I'll still love her, but that will never happen.

I watched her chest move up and down as she breathed. She was so peaceful looking. My beautiful wife, the love of my life. I will never grow tired of thinking about how much I love her. And I will never stop showing her. When she wakes up, because she will, I'll never stop showing her how much I love her.

Quickly, I began to feel how truly heavy my eyelids were. I needed sleep and I would sleep right here in this chair. I refused to leave her.

____

Janice stood in front of me. She cradled her very large, very pregnant belly.

"Casey, I think it's time. The babies are coming." She told me with a smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked, panicked.

"Of course she is." I heard a familiar voice behind me say.

"Brad. What the fuck are you doing here?" I ground my teeth together.

"Taking your wife to the hospital, after all, she promised to leave you and come be with me." He said with a smile on his face.

"You're so full of shit. If you think I'm going to believe you, you're dead wrong." I spat out, ready to kill him.

Just then Brad had his arms wrapped around Janice, she looked at me with sadness in her eyes, and then she kissed him. I charged after them, Brad disappeared and I had to sop myself before I ran into Janice.

"Why did you do that?" I asked her.

"He made me. I, I need to be with him to keep you safe. To keep all of you safe." She confessed.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

Just then I felt a sharp pain in my side, Brad had stabbed me. "Poor Casey, unable to save the one he loves this time."