Day 01.

Dedicated to MollieWeitmanz for being one of the first to read my fic.

*_*_*_*

''Malfoy,'' Potter pushed the door of his office without knocking. Draco had already been drinking his second cup of coffee. ''Anything new?''

Draco raised from his chair, put his hands on Harry's shoulders and place him in the middle of the room.

''Don't move, Potter.''

He then took the book he received during the night and mimicked to hit him just the way the person who has been hit with it was standing. Despite not knowing what was happening, Harry proceed has ordered. Repeating the same arm movement many times, just to be sure, Draco was unsatisfied with the results.

''That doesn't make any sense,'' he muttered to himself. ''Potter, what was the meaning of Hogwarts: A History to Granger?'' He asked.

Raising a brow to the odd question, Harry responded: ''It was her favorite book. She read it once a month back in Hogwarts. It saved us during the war. Why?''

''I believe she sent me this last night. '' He showed him the book he had in hand. ''There was a note with her initial,'' he lied about that last information. It was not a note, but her piece of paper that had warned him. He didn't know why, he decided to keep this information for himself. He continued.

''There is a stain on the back cover, in the middle of it. I thought that maybe she was hit with it. But now that I think about it, it looks more like fingerprints, or a weird pattern, maybe even a rune. I got the results this morning. This is not her blood, Potter. She was not hit with it. Perhaps she tried to hit her kidnapper with it and end up having his blood on her hands.''

Potter seemed to be thinking about this, but nothing came to his mind.

''I need to go and check her flat.'' The blond man stated. ''You go home Potter.''

XX

The furniture was upside down, the walls were clean of blood despite the fact that there clearly has been a violent fight. No blood, nowhere, to fit the stain on the book.

Malfoy noticed nothing unusual in the scene, not the object he was looking for anyway. He let Zabini look for clues as he started to look up for her room. He found it quickly.

Verifying that he was lonely, he took out the file - her file-enchanted-piece-of-parchment.

Hermione Granger - Case HG24601

It felt weird, reading her name as if they were simply having a daily conversion about their respective cases, but not really seeing her. He felt uncomfortable with the thought.

That morning, before Potter came into his office, another simple word had appeared on it.

''Marauder's map.

- HG.''

He had been rather insulted. Of all the clues, he received those lovely two words. Marauder's map. What did Marauder even mean? Was it even a word? Ugh! It brought back all the memories of him hating her, before the war. It brought back all his incomprehension for such a brilliant mind, and all his jealousy toward it.

So now, that was what he was looking for, a map.

He observed her bedroom, absorbing the view in all its details. The room was really, typical Granger. Everything had a particular place, in a particular display. Two of the four walls were white, the other two were a dark purple. The bed had white sheets, and in the corner, pinned to the wall, was a library. The bed was so well made, it almost seemed inviting.