4

Kai POV

I lock my car and immediately make a run to the gift shop that seems closed. It's dark inside, not a hint of light. Where tf is she? Am I too late? I proceed to search around the shop and see a figure that looks like her at the corner of a convenience store.

"Jiae!" I call out and that person lifts her head up.

"Kai!" She runs to me, crossing the road without even looking if there are cars.

"Shit! What were you trying to do? You could get hit by a car!" I scold as soon as she stands in front of me.

My heart is beating so fast. No, I never want any of my loved ones to die when it is not their time. That's fucked up.

Her smile fades and turns into a frown. She has her head hang low.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling. I was scared" I apologise, "Are you okay?"

Her face instantly brightens up and pulls out two tickets, showing it to me right in front of my face.

" Tickets to the Scorch Trials? " I frown

" Yeah! I bought it and thought it will be nice for us to watch together! " Jiae pulls me by the arm

"Wait, but you said—"

She pouts, " If I didnt lie, you wouldnt come out to see me"

"I cant believe you tricked me into this" I had to literally throw a punch at the wall next to me, "You said it was important!"

"I'm sorry.. I just want to spend time with you. After so long we— "

"I will have to stop you there" I shake my head, "We cant hang out like we used to. It's night and you know damn well I should be at home. I have a husband"

"We'll see next week, Kai. If there's anything I know about you is that you're easily bored"

"It's clear you dont know me and you have never tried to see who I really am under this social mask. I'm disappointed in you, Jiae"

D.O POV

I kick the blanket off my feet and sigh, this movie is starting bore me to death. I look down at the watch at my wrist and it reads 11.30pm.

I pout, "Where's Kai...". I cant believe that I am missing him right now.

I thought I would have enjoyed some alone time whenever I have the chance but Kai really has that presence that I love. He makes me feel enough and content. I dont even have to look after myself when he's around.

"Is my husband looking for me?"

A pair of hands slip around my waist and hug it , I can feel his firm chest against my back and he places his chin on my right shoulder.

Of course I am, stupid.

"Nope, wasnt me" I deny, but he chuckles deeply next to my ear than I almost let out a fucking moan hearing that.

He is doing things and I bet he knows it.

"Am I getting you excited?" He whispers in my ear, "Shall I take you to bed"

"Sure" I look at my side, and our cheeks touch each other, "But only to sleep"

"You're really no fun and I am still waiting, Soo"

"Continue watching those porns and learn from it. I dont want to be disappointed the moment I said yes"

He lets me go and turns my body fully facing him, his eyes are wide.