~ Chapter 5 ~

I take one final look in the mirror. 

I had on teal high-waisted shorts, paired with a plain white crop top and a long cross necklace. I wore my hair down in natural waves and I had on my favorite sandals. I thought I looked pretty decent and not trying too hard. After all, this was only a tutoring session.  

I could walk to the café from my house. It only took five minutes. I grab my phone and purse and call out to my mom that I was leaving. It was 5:50 already.  

Once I reach the café, there's barely anyone in there. An old man sits alone in a corner, three couples scattered here and there, and three twelve year olds taking pictures of their drinks. I spot Mr. Styles near the twelve year olds and he waves me over. As I approach him he stands up and I get a full view of his outfit. He had on a grey long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his necklaces complemented the shirt perfectly. He wore black jeans with the brown shoes he almost always wore to school. It was simple, but it looked so good on him. 

"Hey, Gabriella," he says, softly. He pulls out a chair for me and pushes me in. 

"Hi, Mr. Styles," I say, once he's sat down.  

"How are you?" He says, putting his elbows on the table and folding his hands. 

"I'm good, a little tired," I say. "What about you?" 

"I'm great. Do you want a drink or anything?" He asks. I notice he already got a coffee. 

"No, I'm fine," I shake my head.  

"Oh, c'mon. A little caffeine never hurt anybody. And you said you were tired right?" He insists. I sigh and nod. 

"I guess I could go for some," I admit and he smiles.  

"There we go," He says. I start to get up but he pushes my shoulder down.  

"No, no, no, I'm buying it for you, Gabriella," he says, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out his wallet. He gets up out of his chair and I follow him.  

"Mr. Styles, no. I can buy my own coffee," I say but he ignores me.  

"Umm, can I get a tall...mocha with whipped cream?" He says to the cashier. She nods. 

"That will be $3.49, please," she says, punching in numbers on the cash register. I grab into my purse and snag out a five dollar bill. I almost throw it at the cashier. She hands me back my change and starts whipping up my mocha. 

"I can't believe you just did that," Mr. Styles says, looking at me open mouthed. I give him a mischievous smile. 

"Well, believe it," I say and the cashier comes back with my mocha. I thank her and walk back to our table.  

"You're a feisty little thing, huh?" Mr. Styles says, scooching in his chair.  

"I guess so," I say, putting my coffee on the table.  

"So should we get started now?" He asks, taking out his copy of the novel. I nod and reach into my purse for mine.  

"So," he says, taking a sip of his coffee. "First, let's talk characters."  

He talks about descriptions of characters, dialect, everything about them. Then he goes into the plot. Storyline. Everything else. He keeps me intrigued with his deep voice that could make any girl melt. By the time he's done, a half hour has passed.  

"Thank you so much, Mr. Styles," I say. 

"No problem at all, Miss Gabriella. Did that help?"