~ Chapter 24 ~

"Gabriella? Are you awake?" Harry's voice comes ringing in my ear. I'm in the bathroom, recollecting myself. I woke up with a pounding headache.  

I feel so embarrassed about what happened with Harry last night that I'm just going to pretend like I don't even remember what happened. I can't even look at him without remembering the taste of his skin on my lips. I desperately want to hear those groans again.  

"Yeah, I'm in the bathroom," I call out, putting in a contact. Harry's lean figure appears in the mirror. He's wearing athletic shorts and a white t shirt. There's a light bruise just below his jawline and I cringe inside knowing it was me who gave him that. 

"How are you feeling? You were super wasted last night," he says stating the obvious.  

"I know," I say, finishing my make up and hair. I turn to face him and lean against the counter. "I can't remember anything that happened," I lie. He gives me a questioning look. 

"Anything?" Harry asks and I shake my head.  

"Well, I remember the party but everything after that is just...a blur. How did I even get back here?" I say, faking a confused expression.  

"Uh, I think you walked back or something. I called Channing and yelled at him for taking you to that club. That is no place for a sixteen year old girl," He says with slight anger in his voice. 

"What happened when I came back here?" I question, trying not to smile. His cheeks turn a deep crimson making him look even more adorable than usual. 

"Umm, a-a lot," Harry stammers and I decide not to push it. I would just be embarrassing myself and him. "Do you have a headache or anything? Or do you feel nauseous?" He asks, stepping forward.  

"I have an awful headache," I answer and he nods.  

"That's normal. Come with me, I'll give you some pain killers," Harry says, and jerks his hand in a 'follow me' motion. 

I walk out with him into the kitchen and he opens up a cabinet, taking out a white capsule of Advil. He pours out two tablets and hands them to me along with a glass of water.  

"This should help," Harry says and I swallow both of the pills and water. 

"So tell me about the party last night. What happened?" He says, his eyebrows knitting together.  

"Well, it was Josh Anderson's party, who's Gwen's brother," I start. I'm sure he knows who Josh is, all the teachers hate him.  

Harry gets this look of anger in his eyes and nods, motioning me to go on. "Well, Channing basically ditched me for some college guy. There were college kids everywhere. I didn't even see one person from school there except Josh. Anyway, long story short, I started talking to Josh and he offered me a drink. I took it and just wanted more and more. He found me later after I had four cups and told me I had to go home. And that's as far as I can remember," I say, biting my lip. Harry has a look of disappointment on his face. 

"You know you're only sixteen. You could get into a lot of trouble for this, Gabriella," he states, folding his hands.  

"I know, I know. Believe me, I really regret it and it won't happen again," I say. Harry shakes his head. 

"It better not. I hope you've learned your lesson," he says, surprising me with his harsh words. I thought he would say something comforting like he normally would.  

I'm not really sure what to say so I don't say anything. There's a break of silence before Harry shatters it and looks at his watch. 

"Noelle is going to be here any minute. I promised her we would go to the park next to the apartment building. You can join us if you'd like," he says, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Before I can respond, the doorbell rings and Harry swings open the door.