Herobrine

Altogether, the palace could hold a maximum of three hundred players. Meh, I built larger projects.

I show Phase, and he merely raises an eyebrow and mutters, "Don't you think this is a little bit too much?" All while holding Amara, of course. I simply shrug in a half-hearted reply. Phase had never truly understood what it meant to build something... Although, in his defence, I will say he had built a shed at some point!

The inside is partially furnished (less important stuff, like my room, was not done yet). I have returned to my world I had felt most comfortable in: the Nether. Originally thrown in here by my brother, I feel quite acquainted with the mobs here.

"Amara needs a room for herself..." Phase trails off.

"Yes, and that's why I built this."

I walk in the room I have built for Amara. Rainbow carpeting was the floor (I just sure hope that it doesn't catch on fire in this heat), and I had placed down birch wooden planks just to give a younger feel to it. I had hacked the coding to make it possible for a... more normal player to be able to sleep here. Phase usually went off at his own discretion... where to, I didn't know.

Once, when I built a palace much like this one, I had kept someone there... Alec, if you remember that I mentioned him. That palace had gotten griefed... I kind of had a wake-up call there. Ever since, I had kept on running.

Phase probably sensed that my mood and thoughts have shifted, so he teleports away, leaving me with furnishing the rooms myself. I place Amara in the crib, before giving a quick check through the codes to make sure they were right, and the crib wouldn't explode as soon as she fell asleep. After I was certain I could do no more there, I creep away, wishing Phase would have stayed.

- - -

Phase hasn't returned yet. At rare times, I hated that, because I was never certain whether a player had slain him. That hasn't happened yet... Or else I would had a heck of a time trying to find him again, with a server this large.

Mainly all of the rooms are complete now, except for the guest rooms which I decide to leave fairly empty. Now I am in my own room, waiting for Phase to come back. On the other hand, I could be waiting for something bad to happen. There were reasons why I didn't want to build a permanent base again.

I had left a small window (what, a ten block window isn't small? Fine) open by cracking a piece. Usually I did this when I was alone. The sounds outside are so familiar now, they were almost like a comfort sound, like something as comforting as the noteblocks normal players use.

Wait a moment... I suddenly sense another player coming near me, and I quickly stand up. No players had entered this part of the Nether since the beginning of this server, when the owner was doing a quick sweep of the Nether. This puts up a huge red flag, and I unsheathe my sword. Maybe this is the bad thing I was feeling.

I finally see the player, except he has no nametag, just like me. We stare a little, and I quickly take in his appearances, just like what he was probably doing, except there's not that much to grab on me. A red bandana wraps around his mouth, and he has black hair, with one red highlight. I am not as much shocked but instead intrigued to see little brown ears sticking out. A wolf hybrid. Just after I take in that he's wearing a red sweater, he quickly leaves, but not long after coming closer and dropping a single piece of paper through the hole in my window.

Gee, I think. He didn't even want to say hi or anything before he left.

I scramble after the scrap piece of paper before it disappears altogether. That's weird. Did they somehow make an update where you could write on paper instead of books now? I pick it up.

Herobrine, it said. I know that you took her in. I need you to listen to me and understand.

I told Markus that you killed her right off the bat. Don't get mad at me right away. It was the best and the worst thing to do, because that was what he wasn't expecting you to do, but he seemed upset about it. Did you ever wonder why I was wearing that bandana while you were studying me? No. Markus must have done something to him.

Markus had some... plan to kill you. He thought it would be a supplement to the plan whether or not you killed her. Because if you did, you could be guilty of another murder, or if you didn't, Markus could accuse you of kidnapping her or something.

Who exactly is he?

I'm guessing you don't remember me all that much. I believe I was your twelfth victim, before I escaped.

- - -

I never did remember any of the people's faces after my monster had killed them. He must not know too much about me, if he didn't know that much.

Maybe this is just a really thought-through prank. Maybe I hadn't even seen any of it. Maybe my monster conjured it all up. I mean, it was strong enough to make Markus think I was the villain Minecraftia didn't need.

Phase finally returns. He seems... happy to be back, and happy to have gone from whatever place he had visited.

Phase teleports to my room, finding me there. His purple eyes meet my own white glowing eyes, the only light source in the room. I could never handle too much light at one time.

"What's wrong?" Phase finally asks. I must have looked incredulous, because Phase rephrased the question. "I've gotten quite good at telling when you are uneasy about something."

Phase, the ever-knowing Enderman, I think with a half-smile. Phase cocks his head, like a pet almost. I quickly dismiss the thought.

"Yeah, something happened today after you left," I say. Phase flinches. I pause for a little, annoyed that that was his reaction. "Some guy that I'm supposed to remember stopped by to pass me this note -" I pause. When I took out the note, the writing had disappeared. Maybe that is just another piece of paper I have? I dig in my other pocket, but I can't find anything else.

"I think someone has hacked the coding on this," I finally say, Phase really looking forlorn now.

I look around the room, thinking, while I notice Phase knows not to speak. I had adorned the walls with meaningless pictures, really, with a peculiar brown for wooden planks that I had changed the texture pack for.

If he had sent me that note, he was probably waiting for me to come to him, maybe? Alternatively, maybe he just wants me to stay put, and not show Amara as best as I can.

I sigh, not really knowing what to do. Phase nods a little bit, and he leaves the room, probably to check out his furnished room.