Amara

Shiitake mushrooms, I think. I wonder if Hero's going to be there when I get back. Hero hadn't been anywhere nearby this morning. Well, I suppose he could have been somewhere near, but why didn't he come to visit? He usually drops by every morning.

I am coming back from school, when suddenly I... I am not sure what happens, but it is as if someone was staring at my back. Frowning, I rub my back where I felt it, and continue. I look behind me once to see a flash of blue disappear, but that could be anything. Perhaps it is just another friendly player, holding an innocent piece of lapis lazuli. Well, something like that. It was really a cyan-like colour, rather than a dark blue.

Now sprinting, I practically fly across the patch of oak trees that surround the perimeter of my house. I wonder if oak trees, or any type of tree for that matter, have any sort of life, like the mobs and players. I wonder if they ever feel trapped, encased within that hard oak that I can never seem to break with my bare hands...

Right away, I can see that something is wrong. For one thing, purple particles, like one of an Enderman's, are covered thickly in the air, making it difficult to breathe. Why would there be so many Endermen in in one spot? Could it be a meeting of some sorts? Nevertheless, why would they be gathered in my home?

When I get closer to the oh-so-familiar wooden door, I freeze in my tracks when the door seemingly breaks down. My father crashes through with it, Phase, along with two Endermen. What? His black hair sweeps over his left eye, making it difficult to see the purple matrix.

"Amara! Run!" He yells, before going silent when another Enderman pins him and that silly Enderman hat down. That must have been his first time speaking in a non-backwards way. He has always liked Endermen, but does he now?

Not with so much as a second's hesitation, I run again, but this time to the street behind the house, hoping to throw off the Endermen at the front door. We never did have a back door, Phase always saying that a second door was virtually useless. Now I silently thank him for that unreasonable, but useful thought.

I used to know a friend a block from here, and his name was Leo. By "know", I mean "go to school with", but ever since he started home schooling we had started to drift apart. Now I am hoping he still lives in his house, so I could go in there and hide from the Endermen. His house is only two blocks high, whereas ours is three blocks high. I never really questioned it until now, but why did it have to be three?

I turn the corner, just to see that the house that once stood is now gone from sight. Turning around, I see that an Enderman has caught up to me, and is now staring into my own blue eyes. I turn around again, to only see that a cyan-shirted player had crept up from behind me. He looks awfully like my uncle... He seems surprised that I seem to recognize him, and just in that moment, I duck underneath him in a vain attempt to escape.

"Capture her!" The player yells, crashing on top of me in the process. I scramble away, to run into the Enderman.

It smirks. "woN ew gnirb reh ot ruo retsaM." I can only recognize that as the way Phase speaks, but why do they speak the same way?

- - -

I wake up in some dark room, and I start at the fact that the player was here. He must have jerked as well, but he hides it well when he stands up. He holds out a hand, as if nothing had happened in the past few hours. It had been hours, right?

I take it, and not without sticking my tongue out at him. He raises an eyebrow, and doesn't say anything until we get to the doorway, which was hidden in the darkness when I looked around earlier.