Chapter 4--The Cross Roads

The crossroads. Who knew that I would find myself here. Maybe I've gone crazy, I don't even know that this point. Why can't I be normal? Why can't I love myself and respect myself like everyone around me. Life sucks. I'm supposedly chosen by god to do his dirty work but I can't even have a little bit of self-respect. That's why I am here. I'm going to sell my soul so I can love myself. most people would call me a idiot but I don't think so. I think people who can love themselves are amazing. I just want to be one of them.

I dig a hole in the middle of the crossroads and place a box in the hole. Inside the box is a photograph of me. It's the only on I have in this dimension. It's the picture of me and Misha Collins...at the convention. The other ritual items are graveyard dirt, a black cat bone, and yarrow. I step back and look around. Nothing yet.

I know people are going to hate me for this...but I don't really care. This kind of magic is only available in this world. I'm going to take advantage of it. In my dimension, I wanted to end my life. I was sick of being pushed around, and now I'm doing something about it.

"Greetings Charli." I hear a deep voice. I turn around to see a tall man in a dark suit. His eyes are gleaming red. A smile creeps across his stubbly face. He sure-footedly walks over to me. As he gets closer, I can see his glowing complexion. He looks young. Too young to be a demon.

"And you are?" I ask.

"The Demon Kroni" he says. "I'm Assuming that you wanted to make a deal. So, what will it be?" He says.

"I want...I want to love myself." I say slightly embarrassed.

He stops and looks at me. "and you're embarrassed?" A slight smile crosses his lips. "Well, that's nothing to be embarrassed about. Loving yourself is a very important thing"

"What is your counter?" I say.

"Skipping the small talk? fine then. Here is my counter: I get your soul in 10 years." He looks at me and places his hand on my cheek.

"I accept your conditions." I say. I grip the hem of my shirt to hide my shaking hands.

"good to hear. Now," He leans closer. "A kiss seals the deal."

"I know." I grab his labels on his suit and kiss him. As we kiss I feel my body grow warm. I can see a bright light through my closed eyes. The light becomes brighter and I feel like it is corroding my eyelids. I feel the Lapels on Kroni's Suit fading away. Is this normal in a cross roads deal?

I open my eyes to see the dark night stretching along the cross roads. The demon Kroni is gone. I don't feel any different. I go to dig up the box. As I turn around a Figure dressed all in white catches my eye. I look at this figure with confusion.

The man disappears, I think it is a ghost so I go back to dig up the box. I turn slightly and jump. The man in right is next to me. I look at him, But I feel like I can look through him and see his true form. With one look I can see what it is. An Angel.

"What do you want, Angel boy?" I say with a snarky tone. I'm am just fed up with people today.

"Watch your tone, Charli" He says with a cold tone.

"How does everyone know my name! I'm I that famous in this world?!" I shout at his face.

"You are of great importance, Of course I know your name."

"Who are you?" I say. I squint at him. His face is freshly shaved, his hair is parted to the side. He is tall and glooms over me.

"My name is Haniel. I am an angel of the lord." He says.

"yeah, yeah. Why do all angels have no sense of humor?"

"angels are strictly forbidden to show emotions"

"wow, heaven must be a blast! good thing I'm going to hell."

"No you're not."

"umm, I just sold my soul. sorry."

"actually, You just killed that demon."

"Killed? or sent back to hell?"

"You killed him."

"how the hell is that possible?!"

"As I said, You are of importance"

"Now, Let's return you to your....guardians" Haniel reaches up and touches my forehead with two fingers.

We appear back in the motel room. Dean looks at me and Haniel with his jaw hanging open. A half chewed cheeseburger has fell out of his mouth and onto the table. Castiel looks at us unamused.

"Does this one belong to you?" Haniel says.

"What the hell..." Dean says quietly.

"Haniel, what a pleasure." Cas says with no emotion in his voice.

"You should watch this lamb with a better eye. She tried to sell her soul."

"You What?!" dean shouts.

"Why would you do such a thing?" Castiel looks at me. I look at the ground and avoid eye contact.

"The deal wasn't completed, because she...killed the demon in the process."

"How the-" Dean starts.

"Explain yourself, Haniel" Cas commands.

"She used her power and it killed the demon. Not sent to hell, but killed him.."

"Charli!!" dean yells. Anger swells inside me as dean shouts at me.

"WHAT?!" I shout at dean.

"...You killed a demon without me?" He asks with half a smile.

I can't help but smile.

"Haniel" I say. "What am I?"

"You are an angel of the lord" he says.