Chapter 4// Florida

"JESSICA!" Alice called, running to her blonde companion who'd done most of her wedding planning. She hadn't seen her since then.

"ALICE!" Jess called back, embracing her.

Mitch and Vik exchanged their hellos and enjoyed the moment before both of the girls pulled the other boy into their arms. Mitch tightly gripped Alice as if he hadn't seen her for years, which was true.

"I'm glad your back." Mitch smiled as they both pulled away.

"I'm glad I get to see you guys!" Alice cheered.

"Same. We have so much to catch up on!" Jess linked arms with Alice and pulled her toward the exit.

"Like what?" Alice giggled. She'd missed her friend terribly.

"Like everything!"

"Okay." Alice smiled.

They arrived safely at the hotel Sam had reserved them. Almost the whole ride over, Jess had talked Alice's ear off, but that was okay. She loved listening to stories about her and Mitch.

"I am exhausted."

"Me too, to bad I promised Mitch I'd do a live stream with him at his house..." Vik sighed, grabbing his laptop and hotel key.

"Can't you cancel?" Alice sighed. She'd wanted to spend some time with him before tomorrow.

"I really wish... No, he's been planning this for weeks. You should be happy, we're advertising you." Vik pointed at her.

"What do you mean?"

"The literal title of the stream is going to be 'Alice Zerker, Bon Voyage!'."

"Oh, wow. Okay." Alice continued to unpack her items.

"Doesn't mean I don't love you."

"Doesn't mean you want to hang out with me either." She murmured.

"What? What did you say?"

"Nothing." Alice sighed again, signaling that she was mad at him.

"Alice, please."

"No, nothing. Really."

"I'm serious." Vik made his way over to her,wrapping his arms around her stomach.

"I just wish, you know, that my husband would be around the night before my opening show!"

"Alice, I'm so sor-"

"Save it. I'm not in the mood to fight." Alice rolled her eyes at him.

"No, fine. I won't go to the live stream. Sorry I ever asked." Vik released her, leaving her cold.

"Go, just go. I don't want to hear you complaining every five seconds about how I'm such a mean wife."

"If you don't want me to go, I won't!" Vik stubbornly sat down on the other side of the bed with his phone.

"Your going to go anyway, aren't you?"

"Pretty much."

"Whatever." Alice rolled her eyes.

"Alice, come on! I haven't seen him in months. I see you everyday." Vik rolled his eyes back at her.

"Seriously, whatever. Go."

"Fine." He grabbed his jacket, and left. As if Alice had wanted him too.

"Fine." Alice sighed, "But I won't be here when you get back."

Alice grabbed her shoes and threw them on. She was going out.

She found a bar down the street, and entered. Tonight, she had no cares in the world. It was to be a relaxing evening for Alice.