Chapter 9// Ethan's Place

Alice arrived at her new home shortly after Joshua had picked her up on Sunday. She'd gotten settled in whilst Josh gave Ethan the run down about her mental state, medications, and everything else he would need to know just incase something went terribly wrong.

"She needs her medication twice a day. Once after she wakes up, and once when she goes to bed. I'll stop in daily to make sure she's okay. You can leave her here alone, just as long as you tell me first... I think that's it," Josh wrapped up, "thanks again for doing this for me-us." He smiled.

"No problem, anything for you buddy." Ethan returned a smile.

"Please, watch out for her, Ethan. I don't want anything to happen to her whilst I'm not here to watch her."

"What am I, five?" Alice scoffed, "Why so many rules? I can handle myself just fine."

"We know, Alice. This is just temporary until we can get this thing with Vik settled. I know he's already signed the papers and everything, but you two need a break from each other. Also, doctors orders. Your not allowed to go home for a few weeks. Sorry." Josh apologized.

Alice rolled her eyes, "Fuck the doctors."

"Be nice." Josh glared at her.

"Whatever." Alice rolled her eyes once again.

"Anyway, Ethan... Take care of her..."

"I'll protect her with my life, I swear it." Ethan glanced at the frowning Alice, he smiled.

"Thank you,"

"I've heard it a million times, Joshie. I understand." Ethan giggled. Josh had said thank you a lot to him.

"Right. I'll be going now..." Josh turned toward Alice, "I'll see you soon Ali."

"Okay." Alice looked into his eyes for a second before looking back down at her feet. He knew she didn't feel safe without him around anymore.

"You'll be fine. Chin up." Josh placed his finger under her chin and lifted her face so she was looking at him again.

"I love you." She smiled, embracing him. It took him a minute to hug her back. When he did, Alice felt safe.

Minutes after, Josh left and Ethan showed her to her room. She'd stayed there before, it was nothing new.

"So, I have a few videos to record, then I'll take you with me to the house to get some of your other things. Don't worry, Vik won't be there."

"Thank you, Ethan." Alice smiled.

"Anytime, Alice... I'll leave you to it, then. Peace."

"Bye, Ethan." Alice giggled before he disappeared behind a door across the hall.

"Hmm." Alice hummed, trying to think of something to do to pass the time.

Eventually she settled on writing in a notebook the doctor had given her. She said it was supposed to help her get her feeling sorted out.

Hi. I don't know exactly what I might want to write in this book... But I feel like I should write something important, so let's start with my life story. I know, I know, boring. But maybe one day it might inspire younger generations, or even explain to my lovely older brother how much of a living hell my life has been so far. Whatever the case, welcome to the Alice Zerker book of life...

Eventually Alice fell asleep at her desk which Ethan had kindly given her. Ethan had to wake her up so he could take her to the house, but other than that, her sleep was very deserved. It was her first nice sleep in weeks.

"Time to go, Alice." Ethan placed a hand on her shoulder. They been at the house for hours.

She'd been standing in Vik's door way, remembering everything. The way she used to sleep with him, the smiles he placed on her face every morning when she'd roll over and see his face... It was hard. But Alice didn't cry, Alice wasn't sad, she wasn't heart broken, she was angry. How could he have lied to her? She loved him, and he broke her heart more than once. He never deserved her.

"Okay." She whispered, turning around to face him.

"Are you alright, Ali?"

"Fine. How about yourself?"

"More than perfect. Ready?"

"Let me go say goodbye to Simon." Alice smiled, rushing over to the stairs to his and what used to be her room.

"Simon?" She knocked, pushing the door open slightly.

"Come in..." Simon, sounding busy, answered her.

"Simoné?" Alice smiled, pushing the door fully open.

"Alice!" He ripped off his headset and jumped out of his chair. "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you as well." Alice embraced him in a hug, burying her face in his chest.

"Are you here to stay?"

"No, Ethan's waiting to take me back to his place... I just wanted to say goodbye."

"Awe, well, I'll be around to see you, I guess." Simon looked disappointed. She wished she could stay and chat longer, but Ethan was waiting.

"I hope you come to see me... Goodnight, Simon." She arose into her tippy toes, kissing his cheek. She was still quite shorter than him...

"Goodnight, Alice." He moved his face, kissing her lips. Alice smiled.

"I'll see you around." Alice giggled, walking over to the door.

"Don't be a stranger."

"Same to you, Simon." She smiled as she descended the steps.

She met up with with Ethan at the front door, hugging her brother before Ethan opened the door for her.

"Thank you." Alice smiled as he followed her out the door and shut it. They both climbed into his car.

"Ethan?"

"What, Alice?" He asked as he pulled away from the house.

"I'm glad I have you to take care of me."

"I'm glad that your glad I'm taking care of you."

"Good." Alice smiled, snaking her hand into his while he had it on the console. He glanced at her, but she just kept looking forward, smiling. He smiled too.

"Alice?"

"What, Ethan?"

"Do you think you'll ever want to go home?"

"Yes, Ethan... My brothers there."

"But, what about Vik?"

"I don't care about him anymore..."