Chapter 37//Due Dates

It had been a day past Alice's due date, the 16. She'd begun to worry, but according to her doctor, who she'd called out of curiosity, it was okay. She began to extremely worry when tow days passed. It was the nineteenth of October, and if you know the Sidemen, that's their birthday.

Josh had been planning this party for weeks, working around Alice's schedule. By now, she should have at least been semi into a routine for Emilia, but she wasn't born yet.

Alice and Vik talked it over many times. And in the end, they decided it would be good for Alice to go to the party. If anything happened, she knew she had six other boys around her who knew what to do. She was in good hands if she went, and Vik liked that. So they got in the car, and they left.

"So you feel okay? Nothing hurts or feels wrong?" Vik, being the worried parent, asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I'd be surprised if I even had this child today..." She ambitiously spoke.

"Okay, just making sure... If you feel bad or start having any contractions, let me know? Okay?"

"Okay, okay. Can we just go have fun at this party now? It more or less is your day!"

"I know. Alright. Let's just have a good time." Vik squeezed her hand, almost leading her up the steps to the house.

"Calm down, Vikram."

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I know you're nervous to be a father." She turned towards him, taking both of his hands in hers. "You are going to be the best dad in the world. Don't even worry."

"It's just hard. I can't wrap my head around being a dad. I'm only 24."

"And I'm only 25? That matters because..?"

"Nothing, never-mind."

"Okay. Let's go then." She kissed his cheek, knocking on the door to the house.

"Alice! Vik! Oh, someone get the door for them!" Josh called from inside.

"I've got it!" Tobi called back. They could see him running down the steps, and to the door. He peered out, noticing it was the couple, and opened the door.

"Hey! Come in!" Tobi smiled, embracing Alice, and then moving to Vik.

"Long time, no see! Where you been, kiddo?" Alice asked him, smiling as she took off her sweatshirt.

"You know, just around the building. Not much else. I shoulda stopped by, I'm sorry!" Tobi frowned.

"It's alright," Alice giggled, making her way to the kitchen.

"Alice!" Josh called. He put down his drink and placed an arm around his sister.

"Hi, Josh. Friends." She addressed the rest of the boys in the room. She hadn't seen them in a few weeks, since the last training class.

"Hey Ali." Simon smiled, taking a sip of his beer.

The rest of the boys just smiled, causing Alice to feel like she was home. It was such a nice feeling, knowing she had a home. It made her happy. It especially made Josh happy.

"Still excited for Emi?" Josh asked, squeezing her shoulders just a little tighter.

"Always." Alice subconsciously placed a hand on her stomach, smiling.

"She's late, isn't she?" Simon asked. He was excited to meet his new 'niece'.

"Yeah, three days. Doctor said it was normal though."

"Okay, just making sure... That's good."

"What's good?"

"MILEY WHATS GOOOOOD?"

"Simon I'm seriously gonna kill you."

Simon stepped back, going back to whatever it was he was doing before.

Then, Alice felt something. It felt like water, running down her legs. It was happening.

"Vik." She whispered, grabbing onto his arms.

"Ali?" He asked, worry crossing his face.

"It's happening," She borderline cried, "now!"

"Oh, okay! Guys, we have to go to the hospital, it's happening!" Vik frantically ran around the room.

"VIKRAM I SWEAR!" Alice couldn't breath, she was in so much pain.

"Okay, okay, get in the car Alice. Let's go." He took several deep breaths before following her to the car.

"I'm coming with you!" Josh yelled before hoping in the car after the both of them.

Vik practically sped to the hospital, panicking. 'What if we don't get there in time, why is this person driving so slow?' All the usual questions. Through the pain, Alice smiled. He made her so happy.

They'd made it to the hospital in under thirty minutes. Doctors swarmed around her, her anxiety worsened. She didn't do well under pressure. Until Simon walked in. It seemed like the room lightened up. She really, really didn't know why. He just naturally calmed her.

She found the strength to have her child. Emilia Anne was born at 5:38 on October 19th. From that point on, she was referred to as the Sidemen's new side-baby. To Alice, she was just Emilia. Vik and the guys left at around 8PM, when visiting hours were over. She was happy. So many congratulatory texts and tweets spammed her phone.

Then the mood changed. Her heart dropped. She had no idea what had happened, but it hurt. She shook it off.

The nurse came in, and gave her some pills to help her sleep. She also took Emilia to the nursery, after she kissed her forehead. Alice closed her eyes, trying to fall asleep. Eventually, she did.

In the middle of the night, she was awoken. "Alice? Something horrible has happened to your husband."