Chapter 14// Control

Alice woke up to the sounds of laughing. It sounded as if all of the Sidemen were in JJ's room downstairs.

Somehow, Alice had ended up in her own bed, not Simons. Strange.

She climbed out of bed, putting a pair of black Adidas joggers and a burgundy crop top on. Even though it was the middle of winter, it was still quite hot in the house. She made her way downstairs, knocking on JJ's door before realizing that no one heard her. She walked in.

"JJ's a cheater!" Vik screamed as he lay on the floor. They were playing Twister.

"No! I didn't cheat!" Jide screamed back.

"You did! You tripped me!"

"Oh, hi Alice." Simon, who was holding the camera, panned up to her.

She waved awkwardly, still not fully awake.

"Morning Ali." Josh had the nerve to speak to her.

"Josh." Alice glared, walking over to JJ's bed and sitting down next to Ethan. Silence fell over them as they all stared at Alice.

"Your still a cheater." Vik broke the silence, knowing Alice felt awkward. He winked at her, she smiled.

"Thanks Vik." She mouthed.

"Anytime."

"So, how have you been Alice?" Ethan asked. She'd hadn't seen him in months.

"I'm fine. How about you?"

"Same. Been pretty busy with videos."

"Ew, I love not being a youtuber."

"Didn't you have a channel once?" Ethan furrowed his eyebrows, looking over at the game of Twister as he did.

"Yeah. I think I deleted it though... When I wanted to commit..."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about that." Ethan looked down at his shoes.

"Funny how things like that happen. Little did I know a few years ago that I had depression, and it would only get worse." Alice's smile faded.

"Yeah, but we're here to keep you happy, don't worry." He patted her thigh, smiling at her.

"Thanks Ethan, but I wouldn't say that your all here to keep me happy. I wouldn't say so for Josh."

"But he's your brother, he has to."

"I wish I could say he did." And with that, Alice stood, leaving the room. She was going to go back to bed.

She woke up three hours later, this time to Simon recording. She got up again, but this time, made her way to Vik's room. She needed to talk to him again. Alice was feeling overwhelmed and sad.

"Vik?" She asked, knocking on the door.

"Uh, hold on, Alice!" Vik sounded nervous, shaky even.

"Vik, let me in. Are you okay?" Alice reached for the door knob, twisting it to find it unlocked.

Alice carefully opened the door, peaking in. Vik was standing in the middle of the room, a towel covered in blood over his stomach.