Chapter Three

Enjoy loves! :)
______

Monica stood in front of the mirror, looking at herself from all angles. After the final showing of Wicked, she had promised that Tanya and her would go and celebrate at a club that had opened up in Town Square. Sam had declined the offer to go and join them, insisting that he wanted to be spending more family time with his husband and daughters. So, they didn't protest, only talked him into getting out in a few weeks so they could drink and dance the night away. Mikael's mother and father could watch the girls and they knew it. But, Monica understood the importance of Family Time, because her mother and father were very big on it when she was growing up. And, as an only child, she was never spared a moment.

A white skater dress covered in body, covered in waved black lines. With her red hair flowing down her shoulders and back in soft curls, her face covered in light powder and peachy blush, her eyes covered in a black, smoked out eyes with long and wispy lashes, and lips a dark plum, she was ready. Tanya walked over, her tall and curved body covered in a purple dress that hugged her rounded behind and thick thighs, the fabric covering her long legs to mid thigh. Handing Monica the pair of black wedged heels, she slipped them on before making sure that her deodorant was in place and she didn't smell. Tanya laughed before hugging her.

"Tonight is going to be so much fun! And you killed it out there tonight!" she praised. Monica rolled her eyes, knowing the complement meant nothing to her. But, tonight had been her best performance. Though she was tired, she wanted to celebrate yet another successful show with her best friend. The past few weeks had been hectic, with her lease finally coming to an end, she had the opportunity to look for another apartment. And found one she had.

On the Waterfront in Tribeca Park, Monica had found a one bedroom and one and half bath that was perfect for her and her sweet Menchie. On one side of the apartment, she had a wall of windows, which she had placed a reclined chair to where she could sit and watch the sunrise and sunset. Building after building littered the other side of the river, boats scattered across the water, and it was everything in her to not just stay in that spot permanently.

With a wonderful kitchen and dinning room, along with a living room by the windowed wall, and a large bedroom with an attached bath... she felt like royalty. It was so different than her old studio apartment. But, she had been making good money, had thought about moving to the Waterfront for some time, and now she had. All the money she had placed on the side had paid off, and she used it buy new furniture and get all her payments down, and still have wiggle room.

Monica snapped out of her thoughts, finally in the shoes and grabbed her purse. Her bed was calling her, but so was a night full of celebrating and dancing. Lucky for her, she would be able to get a taxi easily at the club. They seemed to tend to stay close to them on weekends, knowing they would be getting good service and money. Tanya waited patiently as she made sure her makeup was good to go and she didn't smell of paint and sweat.

"Please, you clearly stole the show with that high note." Monica said back, smiling at her friend. It had went so well during auditions that Monica had landed the role Glinda, while Tanya had taken the known role of Elphaba in Wicked. They had worked their asses off for weeks, going over the music, scripts, dances, stage entrees and exits, everything. And now, a year later -after eight shows every week- it was finally over. Her heart was breaking to realize that she wouldn't be seeing all the amazing friends that she had met, not to mention the family that had taken her in.

"You look hot!" she praised looking at Monica once she stood up. Monica blushed, lifting her dress up to show a pair of spandex shorts that looked like boy shorts. She would dancing the night away, she didn't need the world to see her lacy thong. Reaching into her purse, she gave herself too good sprits of her perfume, instantly loving the scent all over again. Rose the One... definitely a keeper.