Chapter 4 Worst Night of My Life Troy

Troy Chapter 4

Worst Night of My Life

We were all sitting around a large table in Cabin 21. Autumn was crying, Rebecca was trying hard not to, Mike was moping around mumbling about how he could have saved Adam, and I was trying to lighten the mood with some terrible jokes. "What's red, and smells like blue paint?" I asked.

"Red paint," Mike replied, and he was clearly very irritated. "Please stop Troy, I know you mean well, but please stop."

"OK, sorry."

Just then Sherry walked in. She said, "Hey you guys, I thought you might need someone else to talk to." Autumn got up, and Sherry embraced her, and tried to comfort her by saying, "It's going to be alright. We're going to get him back. It wasn't your fault."

"I know," Autumn said through sobs. Mike had stopped pacing, and was sitting with Rebecca. Somehow I think that just in the 2 days we've been here those two had gotten very close. Autumn obviously had feelings for Adam, but I don't know if Adam liked Autumn. Losing Adam hit all of us pretty hard. I felt so helpless. I couldn't help Autumn when she was surrounded by darkness, and I couldn't even scratch the Pegasus. I imagine Mike felt the same way.

"Why were they after Adam anyway?" Rebecca asked.

"That doesn't matter." Sherry replied. I could tell she was hiding valuable information.

"Yes it does matter!" Mike was clearly having mixed emotions about this.

"Relax Mike. There wasn't anything you could have done to change this." Rebecca said.

"I just don't understand!" Mike yelled, and he was definitely on the verge of tears.

"If you must know..." Sherry started.

"Yes we need to know! We fought next to him in the final minutes before he was taken!" Mike interrupted.

Sherry continued, "Adam is the son of the Dark Lord. Why the Dark Lord wants him we don't know. Chances are, next time you see him he will be evil, and he will try to turn you."

"Then there is only one way to fix this." Mike concluded, "We need to save Adam."

"Not possible." Autumn said quietly,

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I mean that no human has ever tried to find the Dark Lord and survived," Autumn explained. Mike had his head in his hands, and Rebecca kept reminding him that it would be Ok.

"There is one way." Sherry said.

Mike perked up, "How do we do it?"

"It would be a very dangerous road, and you would face many challenges."

"I'm willing to do it," Mike said confidently.

"You're not going anywhere without me," Rebecca reminded him sternly.

Mike laughed for the first time that I can remember since we got here. "Thanks Mom." We all had a good laugh with that one. That is, everyone but Sherry.

"This is no laughing matter," she said sternly.

"I know." Mike said.

I said, "If Mike is going, I am going too."

"Me too," said Autumn

"Good. It will take all of you if you want to save Adam."

"You still haven't told us exactly what we're doing," Rebecca reminded Sherry.