Chapter 2 A Ritual? Rebecca

Rebecca Chapter 2

. A Ritual? .

They said it would be ritual, but what is it? I guess I will find out soon, won't I? I heard someone announce: "These are the recruits; their names are Adam," who was standing there full of awe. "Rebecca," Me, I am standing there scared out of my mind. "Troy," Troy was still unconscious. "and last, but not least Mike!" Who was standing there just fiddling his fingers around like he was nervous. "Recruits you must work together to survive. We will randomly drop weapons, but we will also send monsters to kill you." The announcer said. Ok, now this is getting out of hand, and did he just say monsters?

"Ready, get set, go." The announcer says. When the alarm sounded, we ran, and then Troy finally woke up, and sprints to the center. Weapons drop, Adam picks up a sword. Same for Troy, and Mike. Me, I pick up a bow, and arrow. Then, we all heard a snarling sound. Adam then finally says "Get ready." A pack of wolves jump out of their cages. Then a thing that looked like a dragon flew out of the cage. The dragon flew towards Adam; he rolls out of the way. A wolf jumps at me, I notch an arrow, but Mike said "Rebecca kill, or be killed!" Then, Adam cut the wolf with his sword. Troy stepped back into the center and said, "We are completely surrounded!" "Well, this couldn't get worse." I said back to him.

Then a wolf jumps on Adam, and Adam grabs its head, and snaps its neck. He says "Wow that was a close one!" Then, Mike runs towards the wolves, and suddenly he disappears. "Mike!" I screamed. One of the wolves starts snapping at the rest. Adam then cuts that wolf's torso, but the wolf turns into Mike, and he's bleeding badly. Adam told Mike "Oh my God are you ok."

"No I am not ok!" Mike said smartly to Adam. I look at Adam, and say. "What have you done?" A wolf jumps at me, but before it could even bite I shot it with an arrow right between the eyes. Adam replies. "Well how am I supposed to see the difference between a

wolf, and him?" I answer. "He was fighting the other wolves." The wolves move to the side, and a phoenix flies into the arena. The announcer yells into the microphone once again. "Time for a challenge.... Boss fight!" Mike said "I don't think I am going to make it." I Scream "Mike!" I put my hands on his wounds, and all of a sudden his wounds are closing. Mike made it known he was still alive when he said "What? I am not dead, how?" "I don't know, but get up. We need you." Troy says.

"Now for the over-grown bird. You guys wait. I'll be the distraction." Adam says. I join in, and say, "But Adam that's suicide." "Well at least one of us will survive." Adam added. "Ok, good luck Adam, and don't you die on me." Mike told Adam. Adam was now walking toward the phoenix and called back, "Don't you worry about me - worry about yourselves." The phoenix swoops in for Adam, but Adam rolls to the side. Then, he slashes the phoenix. The phoenix cries in pain, but continues to fly. "Rebecca shoots at it!" Mike yells. I put an arrow in the bow, and shoot it. The arrow hits in its wing. It cries out in pain again, but that doesn't stop it. Adam wasn't paying attention to the phoenix. Then, I saw what was behind him, and yelled "Adam!" He turned around, "Oh no!" he cried. He blocked his head, and water appeared around his arms. Then, the phoenix flew up, and hit Adam's arms. The phoenix doesn't fly straight through Adam though. Adam held the phoenix in place, and then Adam pulled out his sword. He then rapidly sliced the phoenix. The phoenix then falls to the ground. "I think it's dead." Troy says. "Adam that was awesome. How did you do that?" I ask him. He replies "I don't know. I just did it."

We get teleported back to the cabin. Sherry walks in, and says "Nicely done you four. I am surprised you came out of the arena unscathed." Mike exclaimed "I got a cut on my side, why are you thinking we are unscathed." Sherry replies "Besides that." "Oh, I forgot to tell you guys something. Your lessons are tomorrow. So, be ready, and get some sleep. That is an order from me so you'd better listen." Great sleep, I thought to myself. The next morning I wake up completely refreshed. Better get to lessons. I am about to walk out the door when I hear Mike say. "Rebecca if you're going to lessons, don't go, because they don't start until 12:00 in the afternoon." I looked up at the clock and it is 10:31 in the morning.

I walked over to my bag, and fished around in it. I grabbed a hold of a slim device. I pulled it out of my bag. Then, I said to myself. Great I found my I-Pod. I pressed the menu button, and I searched for my favorite song. After a while I found it, and pressed the play button, and then I closed my eyes, and went to sleep. Mike woke me up after what seemed like just a few minutes. He said "Lessons are moved, but for a terrible reason." I asked him. "Why is that?"