Chapter 1 Camp Adam

Camp .

"Adam!" My mom yelled. I rush down to the living room. "What mom?" I asked. She sighs "Crazy boy, you always forget stuff." "Like what?" I ask. She replies "It's your first day at camp, get dressed ... and quickly." I sprint up the stairs, and quickly change into my favorite hoodie, and some worn out jeans. On the way out I grabbed my bag, and ran out the front door where my mom was waiting for me by her S.U.V. She grabbed my arm, and said "We are leaving right now." I hopped in the passenger seat of the car. Everything went downhill from here on out. In fact, my mom would be mad at me when I got back home.

I decided to break the silence so I said "How long of a drive?" Bad idea, she was mad. So, she said, "Why do you need to know? I am taking you there anyways." Yep that was same old mom when she was mad, but what do you expect - her husband, my father, died making her a widow.

I was mad at his death, yet I didn't know him at all. Then, I said "Look mom I'm sorry about being late." "It's OK son, I'm not mad about that. I'm mad about being alone at the house," My mom said. What she means is that without me she is alone at the house because dad and I were the only one she cared about, but she already lost dad so she won't fall in love with anyone else, because dad was so much better than those men. Mom said, "I am going to miss you Adam." "I'm going to miss you too Mom."

A little bit later, we arrive at camp. It's a little bigger than I expected. This place had innumerable numbers of cabins. (That should have been a no-brainer.) I grab my bags then I get out of my mom's car. She says "Good bye kiddo." I kiss her on the cheek, and say back to her "See you later mom."

She drives away crying. Man, I wish I could have stayed with her, but I am already here, so there's no turning back. I walk up to the entrance and think, I wonder if this place is any good. I take a deep breath, and walk up to the front desk. There is a woman at the desk dressed in a black business suit. "Hello, do you happen to be Adam James Wolfthorn?" "Yes I am, but I don't go by my full name. Please, just call me Adam." I reply. "OK Adam. I am Sammy Winston, one of the managers of Camp Gorgon." That answers my question about what is This Place called. She then asks, "How old are you?" "I am thirteen years old." I retort. Then, Sammy says "Mr. Sokolov's office is over there." She points at an old looking cabin. I decide to talk to this Mr. Sokolov, and ask him all the questions I want like did you somehow have explosions here. I knocked on the door and an adult around his mid-thirties to answer the door, and he is wearing a clean, white tux.

"Hello." The stranger said to me, and then I said "Hello, are you Mr. Sokolov?" "Yes, and I also am a scientist, and you are Adam James Wolfthorn, right?" Yes, and I don't go by my full name." I added. He just waved my comment aside. "I am Jonathan Sokolov, the director of Camp Gorgon." He explained.

Then, he stated "Let me guess you just want a cabin."

I nodded. Then he said "First, you need to tell me about yourself. What are your interests?" I once again saw this was coming. I was about to say something, but he then said "Don't lie." God dang I was about to lie. Then, I told him all my interests. "I like to shoot guns, and bows and arrows. I also like swords; big fan of them actually, and I have gotten a black belt in Judo, and Tae Kwan Do. I have also taken MMA, and Karate"

Finally, he said "Wow, impressive. Your cabin is number twenty-one. You may leave now. If you want to." I hurriedly exit his cabin, but I walk slowly to cabin number twenty-one. "Where is cabin twenty-one I wonder?" I ask myself aloud. "You're looking for Cabin twenty-one too." A girl with Aquamarine colored eyes and brown hair is standing next to me. "Yes I am. What's your name?" I asked. She takes her time, and finally replies with "My name is Rebecca, Rebecca Hampton. What's yours?" I state "My name is Adam Wolfthorn." Rebecca replied, "Nice to meet you." I shake her hand.

Rebecca says "Do you know where Cabin number twenty-one is exactly?" I reply "No I don't know where it is."

We walk to find a map in a stand. I pick the map up. Rebecca picked up a map too. I quickly find Cabin number twenty-one. She asks me "Did you find it?' I reply "Yes, but we are on the opposite side of camp." She then says "More walking then." We walk around the other way looking for Cabin number twenty-one. Then, we found it an old looking cabin that has twenty-one next to the door. "I guess this is it," she finally says. "Yeah we spent tons of time looking for the cabin." I recalled. We enter, and what I see doesn't look any old part on the inside. It has a couch, a television set, a computer, and tons of beds. I thought this cabin must have a lot of people, but is it weird for a cabin to have a television set, and a computer. All of a sudden, kids walk into the cabin and one of them says, "Hey look the new kids are here." Then one more chimes in "We should introduce ourselves." "That's a great idea." One joins in.

Great I thought, I was already making friends, and on the first day. Looks like I was wrong about this place. "I'll go first, I am Tanner." Tanner joined into the conversation. "I am Conner.' Another one stated, and one just stood there, and didn't say anything. One walked up to me, and said "I am the cabin leader, the name's Sherry." I had to make friends so I told them." I am Adam Wolfthorn, nice to meet you." Rebecca had the same idea. "Hi I am Rebecca Hampton." "It was nice to meet you both. Do you have the schedule?" Then, Rebecca told Sherry "No we didn't get a schedule from anyone. Where are we supposed to get a schedule?" Sherry states "No you don't need them, because we have the initiation ritual."

Then I ask "What time is it at?" Sherry replies "It is at mid-night tonight." Rebecca joins in "What is the initiation ritual?" Then the girl in the corner came over, and said "Sorry I didn't introduce myself, my name is Autumn, Autumn Richmond. Then the answer to your question Rebecca is that the ritual is when you actually become part of the camp." This Autumn Richmond looked about my age, she had bright, flowing, silver hair, and twinkling silver eyes. She sits on a bed. Then the floor goes to Sherry once again, "Ok so welcome to cabin twenty-one; we have a room for boys, and girls so Adam you are on that bed over there, and Rebecca you are over here." I move my stuff to my bed in the boy's room. Rebecca moves her stuff to her bed. So, then I walk over. "Anything special we have to do today?" Then Sherry replies "No we just have the initiation ritual tonight." "Great I'll take a nap then to get some z's."

I must have been out for an hour or more because when I woke up I saw two other kids standing in the middle of the room, both were boys. One kid had dark black hair, and turquoise colored eyes, and the other one had dark blond, and bright green eyes. Rebecca walked over to them "So your names are Mike, and Troy?" The Black haired kid said, "Yeah, I am Mike O'Brian, and you are?"

Rebecca replied "My name is Rebecca Hampton." Then the dark blond haired kid joined in "My name is Troy Peterson." As soon as they said that I got up, and said. "I am Adam nice to meet you guys."

They turn around. "Adam you're up? Wow you were out for a long time." Rebecca says. I wanted to say no duh, but I decided not to, instead I slowly walked over to them. "Rebecca, what time is it?" I asked as I yawned

She replied "It is eleven thirty." Wow I was out for a long time.

Then Sherry walked in and said "It is time to go to the ritual, because by the time we get there it will be about twelve O'clock. So, get yourselves ready, when you are ready, meet me outside." Great I thought I am ready. I bet everyone else thought the same thing because right after that we were out the door. Right before I was about to leave the cabin I saw Autumn was still in the corner of the room. I then walked over to her, and I said "Are you ok Autumn?" She then answered "Yeah I'll be fine." Then I walked away from her. "Don't forget to come Autumn."

Then she smiled, and said "Don't forget to go to the ritual, Adam." Then I finally walked out the door. "Are you ready?" Sherry asked. We all replied "Yes." At the same time, then Autumn walked out of the cabin smiling. Then, she said "Ready." After that we started on our way hike. After about fifteen minutes we were there. It was a fire place with stands around it. Hundreds of campers were around the fire. We walked towards the center then all of a sudden we all fell unconscious...