I'm the Patient

I live on the streets, I've been used to that for quite a while now, I've had to live with it since my mother and father died on July 17th 2003. I'm 20 years old and I've been living here since I was 6. All I see now are my mom and dad everyday, flashbacks, their ghosts haunting me, drawing me closer to them everyday, which is a sign of death I'm assuming. Until then, I'm trying to live my life as best as I can.

I went to a bar one night and took a couple shots that were just laying around the place until everything got hazy and I got drunk, it's not the first time, I'm quite the light-weight. I don't even know why I come down here anymore. I live in an alleyway a couple blocks away from the bar, it's not far away from my old house either so I do get to see lots of improvement over the years.

Lately I've been having strange dreams, familiar voices in my head. My dead parents talking to me in disapproval of my actions. And their not the only ones, I got kicked out of my grandparents house when they found out what was happening about every month or so. My grandma, quite the badass if you ask me, was cunning enough to threaten me with a knife, I don't blame her either. I've heard her talking to grandpa a couple times about me talking Chrystal Meth and Marijuana, none of that was true though. No matter how close I tried to get to her, she'd always look away in disapproval.

My grandpa understood what I was going through, I mean my grandma took him in and helped him until he was all better, I guess she grew fond of him over time.

Every night I wept in bed with my only memory of home. My family's picture, and my plushie of Pikachu my dad got me when I was 4. I loved it so much, a memory of both of my parents. I would never let it go.

My parents voices whispered throughout my dream asking things such as Why'd you do it? Well there was another voice, one I didn't recognize saying I know all...anyways that's what I heard. I mean yes, I know that I have a screwed up life because of whatever I did. But one night was different. Different from all of the other nights...when I actually saw them.