Shock

I was amazed. Already? They already knew my cure? Dr. Cameron walked into my room again. "Good news Rebecca, House thinks that he might have found your cure. He's thinking that it might be a brain tumour." I was silent, happy that they found the cure but why did it have to be a tumour? "We're going to run and MRI scan on your brain and see if there's actually one there." Dr Cameron continued to say. "And what if there isn't one there?" I asked knitting my eyebrows together. I was starting to get a little bit teary eyed. "Then we look for another answer." She said. "I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow at 4:57 pm. I hope we can get you better." She said smiling. "I hope so too." I murmured to myself. She nodded and walked out of the room shutting the door.

Cameron walked into House's office and told him that I agreed with his prediction and that I was ready for the MRI scan tomorrow. "Great." He said, "Now we have a plan going on here." He said. "What do you think if it's not a brain tumour?" Chase asked. "I don't know, I have a lot of guesses, but it doesn't mean they're all right." He said shaking his head in disapproval.

Out of no where Foreman blurted out the word schizophrenia. "Foreman, your supposed to raise your hand." House said sarcastically. Chase spoke, "You mean the mental illness?" "No, he means the banana he keeps in his lunch." House said walking over to a whiteboard. "Symptoms are?" He asked everyone. "Seizures and hallucinations." Cameron said. House wrote the words in the board messily. "Auditory and blurring vision." Chase said. He wrote on the board again. "And migraines." Foreman said. "So we have all of the symptoms on the board. Now what could be wrong with her?" He asked them.

"Blood clot." Chase said shrugging his shoulders. House's eyebrows knit together. "Sure, I'll write it on the board and pretend that wasn't one of the worst ideas." House said. "It could be subarachnoid bleed." Dr Cameron said. House nodded in agreement. "Or she could've had a trauma. She hit her head causing the hallucinations and voices. Possibly even the blurring vision." Dr Foreman said. "True, very true." House said. Anything else you guys can think of?" They were all quiet. "Go and tell the patient." Foreman left the room and came towards me. "So you heard about the tumour, huh?" I nodded.

I knew what he was getting at. "House got the test to be earlier than it originally was. It's going to be in two hours. Just watch TV or sleep until then." He said. "Chase will be coming in soon, maybe in ten minutes or so." He continued. I slanted a brow. "For what?" I asked him. "He's going to tell you what else you might have and all of our predictions and in what order we will test them." He responded. I nodded and he left the room. "Hey, remember that we're trying our best to help you." "I know, I just hope you can." I said quietly.

"Trust me...we will." He said and left the room. I grabbed the remote for the TV and turned it on. Just as Dr Foreman said Chase came in about ten minutes later. I got the remote and pressed the pause button. "Hey Rebecca. Foreman tell you what I'm here for?" "Uh huh." I said. "Well what we're thinking is that you have a brain tumour but if we're wrong about the MRI we guess that it's a subarachnoid bleed, it increases your ICP (Intera-Cranial Pressure.) It might also be a trauma. Have you hit your head on the streets anywhere?" I thought for a moment.

"Not that I can remember..." I said. "You see, that's what happens. You forget things when you have a trauma. So there's actually no way to tell if you hit your head or not. What about your name?" He said. "I...I don't remember my name. It's been fourteen years since I've heard it, how am I supposed to remember?" I said confused.

"I guess that's fair." He said. "Being in the streets is rough though." He said. "You can get into drugs, and alcohol easily." I nodded in agreement. It was really easy too, I even got into one extra. "Well that's about all of our predictions, it's just that there's one other which is a blood clot." That's all? Not many results from House, I thought for sure that there would be more. "We all just wanted you to know." He said. "The MRI scan will be in four more hours." He said. He walked away and shut the screen door behind him. "She knows now. Not much of a response to it but I dumbed it down for her and now she understands." "Good." House said. "Is she ready for the MRI?" He asked. "I think so." Chase said.

"Get the scan ready for Rebecca. Make sure the way is clear too." He said. "Why does the way have to be clear?" He looked across the hallway. "Because she's going into shock you idiot." Chase and Foreman ran over to the room bumping into nurses and papers flying everywhere. "WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING!" Another doctor yelled. The beeps went silent and Foreman pulled out defibrillator and yelled "clear" each time it struck my electric filled heart bringing it life. The beeps went to a normal rate the shocks stopped. Chase sighed in relief. "That was too close." Foreman said. "Get that MRI scan sooner then expected." Chase said.

Authors note
Sorry that this chapter was so confusing! I'm getting a little writers block so if you can help me that would help! Thank you! Leave suggestions in the comments! 😋