Went Well

I woke up and heard Dr Chase coming into my room. "We're ready for you." He said and motioned for me to follow him. I got up out of bed and he quickly unhooked me from the machine that kept me breathing and hooked it up to a portable one. He grabbed it and walked with me. Being twenty now I was somewhat used to being dragged around. The bar that I went to was always so crowded and I was pushed around all over the place and thanked god when I got out of the crowd. It wasn't like that at the hospital. In fact it seemed like everything was dead here.

We made it to the surgery room. I was nervous. I could feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Chase left me as House had. I saw nurses and a lead doctor in the room in front of me. He told me to come over to him. I walked slowly but surely to him. Thinking he would do something to me. It may seem like I'm over exaggerating but that's what you get for living on the streets. He pointed towards a chair that was laid down like a bed. I darted my eyes between him and the chair. I got to the chair carefully and laid down. The doctor asked how old I was. "Twenty." I responded. My eyebrows were brought together. Why did he need to know all of this? He's not my doctor, just a surgeon.

"Now can you count backwards from ten for me?" He asked. I started to count. "Ten, nine, eight," they grabbed a mask for me and a nurse turned a knob and I heard a noise come from it. "Seven," I continued, "six, five, four..." My eyes shut tight. I could hear the other doctors talking about how the surgery. House's voice came into my ears. "Okay, let's get this show on the road." Scalpel?" He asked the doctor. A nurse handed him one and I could feel it scrape across my head. It was kind of a tingly feeling. "See that mark?" He asked the people in the room. "I want you to cut a hole into it." A nurse grabbed a little knife and started to cut into it. I felt a breeze come through my skin. My pulse rate could be heard in the background.

I felt the scalpel poke something in my head. "We found it, the bleed." House said. "Call it off. We know what she has now." I heard doctor Foreman say. I was dumbfounded, how could they find this so easily? I thought that it would be so much harder to find. My eyes fluttered open. A smile spread across my face and I jumped up in joy. "What are you doing up already?" The lead doctor asked. "The medicine should've worked longer than that." House said his eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

They rolled me into a room full of sleeping patients. The ones that were I'm guessing we're given the same medicine that I had to make me fall into a coma. Dr Chase walked into the room and darted his eyes around all of the patients until he found me.

"Good news. We know what you have, but it's hard to remove. If we hit one part of your brain it could damage you forever." He said. I looked down at the ground. "Forever?" I asked. I wanted to hear a different answer than I heard before. My eyes were wide and open in fear. He nodded. I tear came down my cheek and hit the hard cold floor. I sat up on my bed with my feet dangling below me. "We can wait a couple of days if you want. All we-" I interrupted him. My voice was shaky and dry. "No," I wiped away my tears, "I want it out as soon as possible." I said trying to be quiet. I didn't want any of these other patients seeing or hearing me cry.

He nodded, "The soonest we can get it would be in six days." I shut my eyes. "And that's the best you can do...? I asked him. "Yes." He said. I shut my eyes and laid back down. I heard him leave the room slowly shutting the door. He peeked in through the window making sure I wasn't doing anything that could kill me and left. I opened my eyes and I could taste the fresh salty tears on my cheeks. Why'd I leave my house?

I asked the one question over and over to myself,until I got my answer. Because I killed them...

The answer came from the deeper part of my mind. I was scared, not of anything that could happen but if myself. I put my face into my palms. "Why? Why? Why!" I murmured into my empty hands. I cried until I couldn't breathe. My parents walked into the room and patted me on the back saying things like "It's okay." I looked up out of my hands which were now wet of tears and leaned into them. I couldn't feel them. I looked outside the door and saw Dr Foreman. "I found my parents!" I yelled at him waking up several patients. He looked to where my parents were standing and shook his head and walked in. "Rebecca, they aren't there." I shook my head. "No they are!" "Rebecca no they aren't. Your not in your right mind!"

"YES THEY ARE YOU FILTHY BACKSTABBER!" I yelled hysterically. He must have thought I was crazy plus all of the other patients I woke up. They were staring at me and Foreman arguing. He pulled me out of the room by the hand and commanded me to go to my room like he was my parent. I had no choice but to listen. I stormed down to the hallway my room was in and flopped onto my bed.

"She hallucinogenic again." Dr Foreman said. "Is there anything else we can do until the removal?" House shook his head and knit his eyebrows together. "No, we'll have to wait like any other doctors would. Why do you ask?" "I just told you! She's hallucinating again! Can we give her any pills?" He thought for a moment. "We can give her some clozapine and quetiapine." He said.

"Okay, only if she stops fighting against me, and her treatment."