Twenty-Three

Honestly. It's been almost six years and I still don't know for sure what Zayn's middle name is... Le sigh.
___________________

Zayn Javaad Malik • Twenty-Three Years of Age

I hadn't known where I was for a while now. As if it were a dream, I was floating in midair. But my eyes were open and I was looking around. The last time this happened, I was getting my soul torn from my physical body by Prince Stolas of Hell.

Cold fog had surrounded me where a wall on all four sides was barely visible through it.

The fog had hovered over my finger tips and barely skimmed the backs of my legs which I now realized were bare. This soon led to my discovery that I had a gray cover-up strewn on my hips to cover my sacred area.

Why in God's name am I here?

"Uriel?" I called. He was the first and only arch angel that was kind to me. The only one that actually helped me get used to my new life as a demon.

"Zayn Malik." Someone called almost tauntingly. I knew that voice. And it sure wasn't Uriel.

"Gabriel," I said with a sarcastic tone. "What a pleasant surprise."

"Same... Doesn't go for you." He chuckled. Douchebag.

Wait, what the heck? Did I just say freaking douchebag?

And freaking?

Oh lord I'm innocent now.

"Not quite Zayn. You still have your demonic appendages." He came closer to me, not floating, but not walking. I looked down behind me, seeing the dark black material ooze its Darkness into the room, but before it could infect anything, it was swallowed by the fog. The Light. Then, I realized something.

"You're in my head?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "How?"

"It is mandatory that I'm inside your head so I can alleviate some of the pain." He rubbed his hands together slowly and turned, looking down at nothing. His muscles in his back stretched the thin white gown that was strewn over his shoulders.

"Pain? I'm not in any pain." My voice wavered nervously.

Gabriel, in his empowering and twisted presence, turned back to look at me. An evil glint lit inside the angel's eyes. So many dark schemes were hidden behind them.

Gabriel could not possibly be of the Light. His innocence could not be true. The darkness behind his eyes was a darkness too familiar to me.

When his eyes met mine, he gave me a smile so dark and menacing, chills crept down my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck stood taut. It made one wonder how something so godly and filled with Light could have so much Darkness inside it.

"You will be." He whispered. And then he attacked.

Anastasia

I felt it for the first time in months now. It was a shiver in my bones. A certain hair out of place. A brush against my cheek. A slight itch on my skin.

It was change.

I don't know how, but it happened. The chills that ran through my body made the hairs on the back of my neck stand. There was a change of titles. As I felt the demons calling to me, to return to the underworld, I understood what must have happened.

Prince Stolas had left his position. He had Jumped from Hell. I couldn't help but feel left behind. Zayn had left me. He had gone somewhere else and left me to fill the position of Prince Stolas. I was supposed to be a Seraph and now I'm supposed to be a demon. Can destiny just make up its damned mind?

Zafiraa's hand on my finger interrupted my thoughts. She grunted and grasped my ring finger, attempting to pull it down to her.

After a moment of toying with my finger, her attention caught my ring. The silver band with a small onyx square in the middle was mesmerizing even to me, and now a child with a small attention span had caught sight of them.

The corner of her mouth turned up as she hit my hand a few times, playing with it.

"You like that?" I cooed.

Zafiraa giggled as I bent down and touched her nose with mine.

I couldn't believe it. My baby girl was almost eight months. Eight months since I had last seen Zayn. And it was no question how much I missed him.

My baby girl was growing up without a father. She needed a father. She needed Zayn.

How could he have just Jumped? How could he have just left me to deal with his demons? Pun intended.

The pain of missing my husband was getting dull. I was beginning to think I would never see him again at this rate. He was no longer in my life, and had not been in months. The only male around me was Bryce.

He was back again. Only he seemed disturbed. Apparently Bael had gotten it's hands on him in the worst way possible, and God had to step in and save him so it must have gotten to him.

Bryce wasn't only disturbed, but more carefree. He began talking to me more like a long-time friend. But that was only the times when Zafiraa was there.

Bryce hardly ever talked anymore. He was quiet now. Although I would imagine doing the same thing after being killed by the devil itself.

Months passed. Things were getting lonely. I couldn't take care of Zafiraa on my own. Bryce was protecting her with his life. But he wasn't being a father to her.

He stayed upstairs in the spare bedroom nowadays. Only coming out when a dark presence was near and when he wanted to talk to me about protecting Zafiraa.

The day my father disappeared came and went. I had the local authorities looking for him. Several detectives had come to my house. There were search parties that started and ended after weeks of his absence.

People became wary of my house. The doctor across the street left without a trace. Only a note, regarding where I could get more blood and his fridge full of it, remained.

There was never a time I felt so alone. I could have gone back to Hell. I just wanted something to do. Something to keep my mind off of the empty feeling in my heart.

Who cares anyway? Bryce would take care of Zafiraa. I'd keep a watchful eye on them from the Underworld.

It would be a piece of cake.

________________
Any mistakes? Let me know! Sorry it's been a while!