Seven

The hands came out of the Darkness and were grasping at my body. Grasping at my arms and legs and waist and head. All I could do was scream. There was no escaping the Darkness.

I tried. I absolutely tried to escape the curling fingers but trying to take my body away from them just hurt me more with their scratching nails. Deep scratches were inflicted when I struggled. Thrashing around only made the pain worse.

Suddenly, the hands turned into dark clouds.

I stood in silence for a few minutes as my surroundings became hazy through the clouds until I could see them.

The silence was interrupted by the sound of wings.

Holy shit. My eyes widened in realization. I'm in the Otherworld.

I was standing in the middle of a beautiful meadow. It was night, but there was an enormous full moon hovering just above the trees that framed the meadow. It cast a silver blue light strong enough to throw shadows and made everything look like it was underwater, an impression that was strengthened by the gentle breeze blowing the soft grasses against my bare legs in sweeps and whirls like waves lapping sweetly against a shore. That same wind was lifting my thick dark hair from my naked shoulders and it felt like silk floating against my skin.

Bare legs? Naked shoulders?

I looked down and let out a little yip of surprise.

I was wearing a seriously short black and silver minidress. The top of it was cut in a wide V, front and back, so that it hung off my shoulders, leaving lots of skin visible. The dress itself was amazing. It was black and decorated with strips of silver and seemed to glow in the moonlight. All over it was laced with hard-to-see intricate designs that were impossibly beautiful.

The dress tickled a memory, but I ignored it. I didn't want to think too hard because I was dreaming! Or at least I thought I was.

Instead of pondering deja vu moments I danced gracefully through the meadow, wondering if something with wings was going to appear.

I peeked around as I twirled and swayed with the wind and thought I saw shadows flicker and move oddly within the massive trees. I stopped and was trying to squint so I could get a closer look at what was going on in the Darkness.

Knowing me and my weird dreams, I'd created bottles of Sprite hanging from the limbs like bizarre fruit, just waiting for me to pick them.

That's when he appeared.

At the edge of the meadow, just inside the shadows of the trees, a shape materialized. I could see his body because the moonlight caught the smooth, naked lines of his skin. Naked?

I stopped. Had my imagination lost its mind? I wasn't really up to frolicking around a meadow with a mysterious naked guy.

"You hesitate, my love?"

From the sound of his voice, a shiver passed through my body, and terrible, mocking laughter whispered through the leaves of the trees.

"Who are you?" I was glad that my dream voice didn't betray the fear I was feeling.

His laughter was as deep and beautiful as his voice, and as frightening. It echoed in the limbs of the watching trees until it drifted almost visible in the air around me.

"Do you pretend you do not know me?" His voice brushed against my body, making the little hairs on my arms stand up. "I am no figment of your imagination. You know me. Your soul knows me."

I hadn't moved my feet, but my body was slowly being drawn toward him, like his voice was pulling me. I reached him and looked up and up...

It was a man I didn't recognize. I'd known him from the first words he'd spoken. I just wasn't able to place his face. My body recognized his but I just couldn't place it.

His body was naked, but it wasn't completely substantial. His form wavered and shifted in time with the caressing breeze.

"Do you still claim not to know me?"

"I don't know you." I stated honestly.

"I assume you know me in this form?" His entire body grew tattoos. It became tan and his face morphed into Zayn's.

"Zayn." I choked.

He closed his eyes as if to savor something. "Keep calling my name, Anastasia." He groaned and opened his eyes again.

They were dark like a starless sky. They seemed the most substantial thing about him. That and his liquid voice.

I couldn't anymore. I wasn't in control. Zayn was. He'd built this dark meadow in the Otherworld and somehow brought me here in a dream, closing the door to reality behind us.

"What do you want with me here?" I said the words quickly so he couldn't hear my voice shaking.

"You by my side, my darling."

His massive dark wings stirred and lifted. Beating forward softly, they enfolded me in a spectral embrace that was cold as winter.

His wings pressed against my body, drawing me closer to him. Even though his physical form was only semi-substantial, I could feel him. His wings were soft. Winter cold against the warmth of myself. The outline of his body was frigid mist. It burned my skin, sending electric currents through me, heating me with a desire I didn't want to feel here but was powerless to resist.

His laugh was seductive. I wanted to drown in it. I leaned forward, closing my eyes and gasping aloud as the chill of his Darkness brushed against my breasts, sending shooting sensations that were painful but deliciously erotic to places in my body that made me feel out of control.

"You like the pain. It brings you pleasure." His wings got more insistent, his body harder and colder and more passionately painful as it pressed against mine. "Surrender to me." His voice, already beautiful, was unimaginably seductive as he became aroused.

Tendrils of icy black smoke snaked around my body, clinging... Touching... Caressing... Licking. My body grew attached to the Darkness as it lay vulnerable to it's pleasureful onslaught.

His wings let me lay back onto a feathery bed. I could feel the Darkness all around me, almost suffocating, while it gave my body attention in every way possible.

It couldn't have been possible but the Darkness seemed to grow fuller. Tougher to the touch and warmer to my skin. Just then, they turned into the hands, except these hands were caressing and came with tongues.

All of the hands and tongues took turns tending to the pulsing need between my legs. Zayn was stepping closer and closer to me. The smirk on his lips was difficult to miss as he leaned over me.

"Surrender to me." He said in his heart-quenching voice.

"I surrender." I rasped.

Everything around us swirled into oblivion. The pleasure-giving Darkness disappeared from my body, the bright moon vanished, the trees and the meadow gone.

Zayn was clothed now, clad in his dark jeans and black V-neck T-shirt. I looked down and appreciated the fact that my dress got a little longer and the deep V was shallowed to right between my breats.

"Do you know where we are going?" He asked and pulled me close.

"The Otherworld?" I questioned.

"Not quite." He chuckled. He grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine.

"We are going to Hell."

_________________________

I've decided to make this a normal novel everyone!