Chapter 14

*Satvi Pov*

"You have to wait outside." I said, glaring at my Ex-best friend.

"No!" he mumbled, walking towards the doctor room along with me.

I glanced back to find that my husband just disappeared. If possible, I will kill him right now and that too with my bare hands for leaving me like this.

"Ms.Satvi! How have you been feeling lately?" Doctor asked when we walked inside.

I am very surprised that he even remembers me. Then again, I was for one year in this hospital under his wing, so I am sure I made a mark of myself here.

"It's Mrs.Choksi now." Karthik said making me fume a little.

What does he think he is doing? Does he think by telling the world that I am married, I will not be behind him attempting to steal him away from my sister? I would rather die before even getting such thought in my mind.

"Oh!" doctor mumbled fidgeting with his hands gulping and then asked us to sit down, but the frown on my face with his behavior didn't leave.

He has written down some tests, and I got through them with karthik following me everywhere not leaving my behind. I groaned, but couldn't say anything by making the attention directed towards us.

"Does my sister know you 're here with me? Isn't she going to get hurt?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"He told me that you know, but I didn't know that you even heard the words." He replied looking down.

"I am very glad that I did. I finally got to know at least my family is on my side." I said fisting my hands.

"I am your family." He said, frowning, which we always used to tell each other from the time we were kids.

"Not anymore and maybe not from the beginning too." I said, looking away and hope to stop the tears from flowing.

"You will always be my family, Satvi. I know you think this is a bad thing that is happening to you, but trust me it is not. Try to have some patience for a few days." He said and I frowned, not understanding a single word he is uttering.

After a long wait, we finally got called, with all the results. Checking all the tests the doctor finally concluded that I am slowly progressing for better health and even prescribed for new medicines.

"Do you have anything else to ask?" he asked after a few minutes.

"Can I have some privacy for a few minutes?" I asked Karthik who is sitting quiet all this time.

"No!" he said, shaking his head.

"Ok then! I don't have anything to ask." I said frowning.

"Fine! I am leaving." He said leaving the room.

"How can I remember the day I got into an accident? Are there any medical sessions which I can go through to remember it?" I asked him with such a desperation that I feel surprised at myself.

"Mrs.Choksi! I would like to be very honest with you." He replied frowning.

"Please! I would like that so much as I am missing it." I said nodding my head.

"Even though all the operations are successful you are still weak. If you try to remember the past, then it will affect you so much and even have a danger of you going into a coma again. You nearly died the day you woke up if you remember." He explained calmly.

"But when can I remember then?" I asked him after few minutes not wanting to remember about my crashing that day in the hospital.

"When I can see that you are capable of putting stress on your brain, I will myself suggest the medical sessions for you. You need not to worry about that, but just try to follow our suggestions." He replied, and I nodded getting up.