Chapter 22

*Satvi Pov*

"So, who was she? I mean, who was the stalker?" those are the words which came out when he entered our room.

After he left, I started thinking about the paper. And in the end when I got a sniff of scent around the paper, I can feel that the stalker is a woman.

"No one!" he mumbled, walking towards the wardrobe and his answer confirmed my thoughts.

"Ok! The stalking is on you right?" I asked him with hope hearing, which he turned around to look at me.

"Yes!" He replied, but I ignored his words because something else caught my sight.

"Of course! You went to meet this stalker of yours." I said with narrowed eyes.

"What?" he asked back, but I am already planning a murder in my mind staring at the lipstick marks on his shirt.

"You are having an affair." I replied and pointed to the marks.

He glanced at them and then understood my words. He sighed before asking, "Will there be any difference, whether I am cheating or not?"

"You are a married man." I said, hoping that my thought is wrong.

"Do we even act like a married couple?" he asked again.

"Don't ask me these types of questions, and I don't have to answer you. You can do whatever you want, and it doesn't effect me." I replied fisting my hands without letting him see them.

"See? Problem is solved. Now let me freshen up." He said walking inside the washroom.

How can he cheat on me? I thought gritting my teeth and looked around for a weapon to kill him for making me feel this restless.

On one side, he says that he loves his wife, but here he doesn't even respect the marriage. Maybe I am accusing him unnecessarily! My consciousness kicked itself inside my brain.

Yes! He can never do that immoral thing even when he did the others. He is not cheating! I decided and smiled to myself before lying on the bed.

"What's your smile means?" I came out of my thoughts hearing that question and turned to see him already lying beside me.

"You are not cheating in this marriage." I said and he actually looked at me in shock.

"Excuse me? How can you be so sure?" he asked frowning.

"Cheating is not you." I simply replied and closed my eyes to sleep, but immediately opened them when I felt him hugging me tightly like squeezing the life out of me kind of hug.

"Woah!" I said, coughing but he didn't loosen his hold.

"What happened?" I asked him frowning.

"Just... just thanks for trusting." He replied, and I felt like something just squeezed my heart.

I slowly placed my hand on his head, which is resting on my throat and started brushing my fingers through his hair. A small smile made itself on my face when I felt him already sleeping, but the hold is not loosened.

I returned his tight hug before drifting off into sleep. With a last thought which says that he is seriously a mad man.

And my thought proved to be right with his behavior the very next day. He acted like yesterday didn't happen like it was nothing but an imagination. I would have even believed to be my imagination, but I have that paper which proves that it is not.

Just because he is acting like his usual self doesn't mean that there is no change at all. There is a change, but it is invisible, which made me laugh in front of him many times.