Chapter 42 Big Day Prep In Dark Times

A/N: I know, after five days of silence from me, this update is short. Sorry. Life was busy this weekend. And my kids had the day off school yesterday for Fair Day. So of course nothing got done! 

Chapter 42 Big Day Prep In Dark Times

The day was a whirlwind of crazy! And I think I have a headache now. I figured we would just meet with whichever older man in the Academy would act as our presider over our wedding, and we would vow to love each other forever, a round of kisses and go on our merry way. But NOOOOO! The guys wouldn't have it. Something about "having the perfect day to remember for all eternity even if the fucking world has gone to hell in a handbasket." The plan is to hold our ceremony just before the dinner call. Then our reception is dinner followed by dancing in the mess hall, for all to join us.

Luke and North went with Ms. Nancy to the kitchen to prepare the food for dinner and make the wedding cake. Owen and Victor were headed out to go pick wild flowers to decorate. Silas, Nathan and Kota were moving the instruments from our house to a stage they built out of salvaged wood in the corner of the mess hall. Sean was catching Dr. Roberts up on Star and Willow's pregnancies and introducing him to everyone around camp.

And then there was Gabriel! He wouldn't just let me wear my jean shorts and t-shirt to the ceremony. He insisted on taking me to the store to go through the clothes to find a dress. He assured me that there were dresses among the clothes he brought back. To which I asked, in a bit of a cheeky tone, "Isn't it bad luck for you to see my dress before the wedding?"

He huffed, "Fucking Hell! Shit, it is...alright Trouble, this is what we are going to do. I will help you find a couple of dresses, tell you which ones look the best and leave the decision up to you." I just giggled at him, not really caring about silly superstitions.

What I didn't expect was for it to take us three hours to sort through all the clothes to find different dresses that were in my size. By the time we were done, I took my favorite dress back to the house, hidden under a blanket and we went for lunch. Gabriel was heading back to the store after lunch to help the other women at camp to find dresses and to see if he can find nice enough clothes for the guys too.

I was amazed at what the guys had seemed to accomplish in the mess hall while I was looking at dresses. It didn't look like a school cafeteria right now, but more like a reception hall. The guys had built a trellis and covered it in the wild flowers Owen and Victor had picked. Plus there were small mason jars filled with small bouquets of wildflowers on each table. The tables were moved to allow for a dance floor right in front of the stage they built. My mouth hung open at the sight before my eyes.

After lunch, I was going to spend the afternoon helping in the garden, but best laid plans seem to go to waste. The Wade sisters whisked me away to their house to pamper and prep me for the wedding. Individually, they would leave for about twenty minutes, while the others worked on me, and came back with what looked like the perfect dress.

My hair was styled and pinned in a half updo with curls cascading down my back like a golden waterfall. My nails were painted a pale pink and my makeup applied with a light but professional looking touch. It was an in handed natural look. The whole time they yammered on about their weddings. Apparently, all five of them were married within a twelve month period of time. That started a round of uncontrollable giggles about poor Blaze, as he almost had a heart attack from all the stress five weddings put on him.

"But you have to admit, the Honeymoon was the best!" Rayne began. "Boston was insatiable!"

"It's obvious by the fact I'm knocked up that Ryder can't seem to keep his hands off me. Even being the size of a house, doesn't deter that boy." Willow said incredulously.

I had to ask, partly to change the subject and partly because I was curious, with five weddings in twelve months, it just seemed like a convenient possibility. "Did each of you use the same photographer, reception hall, florist, baker, caterer and anything else you needed?"

They all burst into loud belly laughter. "No way!" Breezy exclaimed. "We are too much alike. Star and Cannon were married on a golf course, Willow and Ryder had the traditional chapel wedding, Rayne and Boston got married on the beach, Echo and Nash tied the knot at a ski lodge, and Thayne and I got married in London. We had just arrived home less than a month before the world changed."

The room was a bit quiet after that, everyone lost in thought. But Rayne wouldn't let us get distracted from what I was about to do in less than three hours. "Look at you, Sang! Not only did you find one hotty, but you are about to bag nine of them!" I blushed crimson. "No need to blush about that, own it!"

With my squeaky mousy voice, I expressed my concerns. "What if I'm not enough for all of them? And I don't know how to make the wedding night fair to all of them." I hid my face in my hands.

Star removed my hands and held them gently in hers. "I am taking it you are still a virgin?" I nodded. "And they know this?" She confirmed with my nod again. "I can tell they all love you wholeheartedly. A man with that kind of love will be happy with whatever you want to do. If all you want to do is play cards, they will not push for more. But if you are like Rayne over here, willing to have sex every hour on the hour, they will appreciate that too." Star gave a small smile. "So as far as I can tell, there are no worries! They love you! They will not expect anything more than you are willing to do. Just have fun and do what feels right."

Echo suggested, "Maybe you can play some sort of game to make things fair for choosing which one you spend alone time with." That gave me some ideas how to make our evening fun and fair. A smile broke across my face as I nodded along with Echo's thoughts.

"Thank you. Truly. I have never had females treat me with any kind of kindness, and now I know what I have missed out on in my life."

Breezy gave me a hug, "You are our unofficial sister now! Welcome to our family, Sang!"

"Time to get in your dress!" Rayne cheered as she clapped her hands and bounced on her feet.