Chapter Ten

JIA'S POV

Two weeks has already passed since the day we met Pat.

She's getting really close to my friends since Jai usually spends time with her.

Guess what, I hate her. I mean, She didn't do anything bad to me. It's just that Jai and I stopped hanging out since the day he met her. I'm sure she didn't mean to do that but I still hate her for being the one who'll replace my position.

Now I know how Krishna felt with Nica and Luke. All my friends are into her. She's becoming a part of us, actually. But I don't. Yeah, She's pretty and everything but I don't like her.

I sighed with those thoughts in my mind. I got off my room's balcony and went inside since it's becoming a bit cold outside and it's making me shiver.

I went to our living room. Luckily, no one was there. It was my first day on my period. I felt very emotional at the moment. It sucks.

I laid down lazily on the couch. I turned on the TV and grabbed the open bag of chips on the coffee table.

As I opened the television, HBO was on. The movie, 50 first dates by Adam Sandler was rolling on the screen. I sighed as I remember Jai.

We watched this movie a year ago, It was the first time I saw him cry. I also cried, by the way. I asked him why he was crying. He said he was imagining his life in the future when he'll be at Adam's place. He knew it was hard, we all knew. But it's like one in a million so obviously that's not the reason he's crying. I knew he was trying to man up but he failed.

Anyway, I wish I could have those bondings with him again. Only if it wasn't for Patricia, we're probably having a movie night together but I guess they're having a great time outside. It hurts.

After a few moments, I started crying. I have watched this movie for so many times and it never fails to make me cry.

I was getting to the part when Adam will show the girl this video to remind her everything. I felt the tears stream faster and faster.

I started to sit straight to focus even more on what they were saying to each other.

They were about to have their last first kiss on the rain but then, Krishna shocked me. She interrupted my dramatic moment with the television.

"Waah!" She pushed me hard which caused me to fall from the couch.

She offered me her hand to help me get back up but instead, I pushed her down harder to the ground. Now, we're both positioned on the hard ground.

"Bitch, What did you do that for?" I asked, trying to fix my broken ankle

"Sorry. You're just.." She started laughing. I rolled my eyes.

"So you're watching 50 first dates, eh?" She smirked

"Yeah." I answered

"You know, I remember somthing in this movie.." She said reffering indirectly about my movie night with Jai last year

"I know.." I stated.

"Where is he anyway? It's the first Friday of the month, don't you two always have this movie 'DATE'" She quoted the word 'DATE' with a hand guesture.

She finally got up and she offered me her hand. This time, we finally helped each other up.

We both sat down the couch. "Obviously, Too busy with Miss Perfect Patricia." I said sarcasticly. She giggled. I gave her a confused look.

"You don't like her, do you?" She asked with one eyebrow raised

I sighed. I guess I have to tell the truth. "Yeah. I'm jealous, to be exact." I noted with a frown on my face

"Aww." She said rubbing my back. "I understand. But I know Jai always asks you if you're getting bothered when he has a new girl."

"Well, he did. Actually, Just last night. He always asks that to me the night before he asks the girl to be his girlfriend and I guess, tonight's the night." I sighed.

"So you said yes?" She asked. I nodded. "You do know you're hurting youself, right?" She said.

"Yeah but Jai look so happy with her. And since, I have no right to stop them because.." I paused and swallowed deeply. "I'm just her girl best friend." I closed my eyes, trying to stop the tears from my eyes.

"So you're saying you like him?" She asked as a smile grew on her face.

I stood up. What a stupid question, Krishna. "Pft." I said with that expression on my face.

"Look, I'm just his friend, okay? I'm no one special. Did you even see the girls he dated? I'm no way like them. They're all so bikinis and heels while I'm like hoodies and vans. Do you get me? And c'mon, Jai has been my best friend for almost two years. There's no way our relationship could end like this." I explained, walking to no direction and staring at the cieling the whole time. "Yeah, I know we're really close and I mean closer than any other girl friend of him. I mean, we have these weird things that no other friendship has and I know, we could be clingy to each other at times but I never planned and never will our friendship go farther than that." I added.

I turned to look at Krishna and she was smiling the whole time. "What?" I asked

"You like him." She said, throwing a pillow at me

"No, I don't." I defended as I caught the pillow she threw at me

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes as she turned her attention to the television while she was changing the channels.

"Krishna, Don't you see we're talking about Jai Brooks. This not Elijah, nor any guy I was attracted to." I said, blocking the television so she would stop and look at me

"So? Anything can happen." She said

"Well, This one's impossible." I said

"Then why are you even talking about it and giving long speeches about it when all you could just say is 'no'." She smirked.

I opened my mouth but I didn't know what words to say. I quickly shut it close. I sighed. So pissed at Krishna, don't even know why.

"Now move, I'm watching glee." She said, throwing another pillow at me.