Chapter Five

KRISHNA'S POV

"Surprise!" We all shouted. Skip and James started to blow up the conffetis.

Luke's face lit us the moment we saw us. Nica ran upto him and hugged him tight. "I'm so sorry." Nica apologized.

This really broke my heart into pieces. I just flashed a smile in my face.

"It's alright." Said Luke.

Jia came with the cake as we all sang a birthday song.

While we were singing, Beau stood beside me while I was staring at Nica who's wrapped into Luke's arms.

"Nice view, eh." Beau smirked. I rolled my eyes.

After the song has finished, They both blew the candles in the cake. Len placed party hats in Luke and Jai's heads. We all laughed and took some pictures of them. They both looks so cute. I can't believe they're turning eighteen. It feels last week, we were just playing catch in our backyards.

After taking pictures and such, We ate our dinner which Jia's grandmother cooked. It was amazing. We all loved her grandmother's food.

We all proceeded outside where we set up some mats and watch the stars with our drinks.

"So who would like to say some words for the birthday boys.." James asked as we sat into a big circle.

"I would!" Jia volunteered. She stood up and all of us were looking at her direction.

"I remember the fist time I met these two." She paused. "Nica never stopped talking about Luke." We all turned to Nica who buried her face into Luke's chest because of embarrassment.

"Yeah, Luke never stopped talking about her too." Said Beau.

"Yeah. Anyway, that time, I was the only one who knew that Nica was in a relationship with Luke so I asked her to introduce him to me personally. From her stories, I liked Luke. He looks like a decent guy." I said. We all 'woah'-ed. I mean, Luke? Decent?

"Yeah. I thought." Jia winked at Luke's direction. "So Nica texted Luke that he'll meet her parents. She also told him to wear something formal. Maybe a suit." We all laughed at Nica's childish pranks. "He said he'll bring Jai with him." She coughed. "So we got ten minutes early to the venue, when they got there, they didn't know they were just right behind us. They keep on arguing about porn. We were laughing at them, quietly so they'd continue arguing and won't know we're just right behind them."

"So fifteen minutes have passed and they thought they got there erlier than us. They're still arguing about porn. Then they started to hear Nica's accidental loud laugh. Then they saw us laughing and they got embarrassed with their rude topic. I mean, they're talking about rape and porn." Everyone laughed so hard. "So luckily, I wasn't Nica's mother or father or else we wouldn't be celebrating these kinds of parties and event." She started to raise her glass and so all of us followed.

"Cheers to Jai and Luke Brooks. May both of you have more birthdays to come and I can imagine you two as porn stars after we graduate." We laughed. "You both are like brothers to me. I love you both." We touched our glasses to one another's as Luke and Jai stood up to hug Jia.

Jia and the twins sat down. "I'm next!" Len said. She stood up.

"So I really felt bad because Nica introduced Luke to Jia before me. I mean, C'mon bitch. I'm your fucking cousin." Everyone laughed except Nica who gave Len a poker face. "When I wasn't close to Luke yet, I thought he was a dick who sleeps with millions of girl and an asshole. Well, I thought right." She smiled at Luke.

"Wait, You slept with other girls before?" Nica asked crossing her arms in her chest. We all gave a chorus of 'woah'.

"Well, Uh- Y'know.." He stuttered. Nica raised one eyebrow up. "No, I was kidding." Len gave in. Nica rolled her eyes.

"So yeah, I was shocked when Nica told us she was in a relationship with Luke. "

"I didn't tell you!" Nica demanded

"Yeah, she didn't. I read her messages." She grinned. "So yeah, At first, I didn't like the idea of them dating so I started to get over protective to my cousin. That time, Jai and I were in the same class but we often talk to each other. That morning, I told him what I really wanted to happen to the two of them. I wanted them to break up. So he got mad at me." We all turned to Jai who's laughing to himself.

"I guess after that, Jai told Luke what I told him and then, Luke told Nica. Nica got really mad at me but I blackmailed her. I told her that I won't tell her parents anything about this when she helped me get closer to Jai. Yeah, I had a crush on Jai." We were all shocked with what she just said.

"So she did but Jai was disgusted to me. He told me I was a skinny loser. It hurt. I knew Nica tried her best but nothing can make Jai like me. I just gave up. And then, I realized how Nica really loved Luke that she would so anything for the both of them. So I just backed off our deal. And I started so get closer and closer to Luke. He wasn't that bad. And months have passed, I also started hanging out with Jai since he's Luke's brother. I started to like them." She said. She rised her glass.

"So I'd like to thank both of these faggots for being my friend. It has been a pleasure being with the both of you. Luke, Sorry for ruining your relationship Nica and Jai, sorry for having a crush on you." Everyone laughed. "Cheers for these filthy peasants!" Len exclaimed as we cheered with one another's glasses. Jai and Luke stood up and hugged Len.

"So who's next?" Myrna asked.

We all looked at Nica. "Yeah, why don't we have the girlfriend." James smirked.

"Okay so I'm gonna be a bit cheesy on this. I'm gonna start with Jai. Uh, Jai, he's like a brother to me. He's always there when I needed help. Especially when Luke and I fought with each other, One of us would talk to Jai. Then he'll fix everything. He's really a blessing to our relationship. So uh, Jai, I wish you'll finally have the guts to ask this girl out on a date." She winked at Jai.

"Wait, Jai has a crush?" Skip asked. We were all shocked. He hasn't told us of any girl he's interested to. Well, I guess he told Nica and Luke.

"So Jai, Thanks for everything." She smiled at Jai. Jai stood up and hugged her.

"Next ofcourse is Luke, my bofriend." She smiled. That hurt. Does she really have to say 'my boyfriend'.

"I remember how we first met. I have to admit, I was attracted to you. It was when our PE teacher put us in the same group. It was the best day ever. I will never regret the day I met you. So the next week after we met, We started talking on skype until midnight, we always find time to hang out with each other after school and so I knew that I wasn't only attracted to you. I loved you." She paused. We all gave a chorus of 'aww's

"Then I started to introduce you to my friends. Even thou how weird they are, you still accepted them. And then, you introduced your friends to us and our friends got together and here we are." She smiled.

"Even though how many times we fight in a week, We still managed to love each other for two years. Not all relationships lasts that long. I really love how we set Jai up for a girl, how you walk me home from school, how negative you could react whenever I get attracted to another guy and just everything." Each and every word that comes out from Nica's mouth just broke my heart into pieces. I was happy for her to have a guy like that but not for myself. I hated the fact that I should smile for the both of them outside even though how much it hurt my heart.

"I love you more than anything in the world. And now, You're turning eighteen. How time flies by so fast. Two years, two years. I hope our relationship lasts forever. I love you Luke and I always will." She said. "More than my cousin." She added.We all laughed and Len rolled her eyes.

She raised her glass and we all followed. "For Luke and Jai!" She said. We knew she was about to cry. Her speech was really touching. Luke stood up and kissed her. We all 'aww'-ed. Well, They.

"Krishna's next." Beau volunteered with an evil grin flashed on his face. I stood up.

I knew what I was gonna say about Jai but not Luke..