Chapter Nine

JIA'S POV

"So who's your type?" I sat beside Jai on the bleachers. He's drooling over the cheerleaders practicing.

"I don't know." He said, not taking his eyes off them. "They're all so perfect."

I giggled. "You're such a flirt." I rolled my eyes. I draw my attention back to Nica. Wow I didn't know she has this kind of physical skills.

"Sup." Luke sat beside me with two bag of chips on his hands. He practiaclly squished me in between the both of them. I wiggled my body from left to right so that they'd move and give me enough space.

They gave me weird looks. "What?" I asked.

"You're a weirdo." Jai said.

"Douchebag."

"Dirtball."

"Faggot."

"Cunt."

"Bitch."

"Slut."

"Asshole."

"Stop it!" Luke interrupted.

I sighed. "Look at Nica, She's so great!" Luke whispered.

"Yeah, You're lucky to have her." I smiled.

"I know." He answered.

What he just said made me smile inside. It touched my heart. I mean, Nica's my friend. I'm just so happy she found some guy like Luke. I know they're perfect for each other and I won't let anything ruin them.

"Pft." Jai reacted nagatively as he rolled his eyes.

"And that's the reason why girls falls for your personality." I said sarcasticly with a sarcastic smile flashed on my face.

You may be wondering why he was so sweet on the party back then. Well, He's just nice to me when he knows I'm on a tough situation. But after weeks, We'll get back to these stupid arguments like Nica and Len's. But honestly, I'm closest to him. He's like my guy best friend.

"Excuse me but girls also fall for my face and body too, you know." He defended in a 'duh' tone.

"You must be dreaming." I said. He simply rolled his eyes and get his attention back to the cheerleaders.

After two bags of chips and thirty minutes of watching cheerleaders, Nica finally fisished. She quickly approached us as she dragged along a white chick with brunette hair. Jai's face lit up the moment he saw them approached us. He's probably into this chick. Well, She's really pretty but I don't think Jai's really into these kinds of chicks.

"Pat, Here's my boyfriend, Luke." Nica introduced as Luke waved simply at Pat's direction.

I don't know about this chick. She's not quite know in the campus. She looks like a decent quiet girl.

Jai coughed. We all turned to him. "And oh, Here's Jai, Luke's twin brother." Nica introduced. Jai did one of his flirty smile into the girl which made her quite giggle. Jai offered his hand and the girl shook it. The three of us rolled our eyes.

"And Pat, Here's Jia." She said. I gave her a sweet smile as we shook our hands together.

"So Pat, Do you have any plans for later?" Jai asked standing beside her.

"Actually I--"

"That's great. Maybe we could catch some movie or something." Jai interrupted which made her giggle.

They started talking about these stuff that I don't really know about. I felt out of place so I turned to Nica and Luke, maybe I could relate to whatever they're doing.

I thought wrong, they're kissing each other. Well, Making out. As her friend slash sister, I'd stop her from swollowing Luke but I guess this is quite acceptable since they haven't seen each other for a really long time.

I slid my phone off my pocket as I dialed Len's number. I wanted to talk to Myrna but she's on her piano practice.

"Len, Meet me at the bleachers?"

"Sure. I'm on my way."

I ended the call. That was easy, i guess.

After a few minutes of playing candy crash while waiting for Len, she finally arrived.

"Jia!" She shouted heading towards my direction. I stood up and we hugged each other.

"Ew Jia, You have so many friends yet you chose Len." Nica said from behind. Len rolled her eyes. She shrugged.

"So what's up?" She asked as we slowly walk to the bleachers

"Did you just see who Jai is talking to?" I asked.

She turned to look at Pat. "What about her?" She asked, turning back to me.

"They're flirting." I said.

"So?" She chuckled.

"Look at her, She doesn't look like one of the girls Jai used to date." I explained

"Yeah, She's pretty." She said

"But still.." I paused

"What?" She asked

I sighed.

"Look, I don't even get why you're overreacting. It's normal. I mean, Jai used to date girls, what's so different about this girl?" She said

"Nothing." I lied. There was something. I'm kindda bugged about this and I don't even know why.

"Hey it's getting dark. I'll drop you to your house." She offered.

"What about Nica?" I asked

"She can handle herself." She laughed.