Chapter 1: Take A Look Around (a Limp Bizkit song)

NOTE: If you start to read this fanfic AFTER June 4th, 2016, the announcement between chapter 25 and 26 + the announcement between chapter 43 and 44 are NOT important to you. It's just some changes I made in the story, but if you start to read after 06-04-2016, you don't have to worry about it, 'cause it's fixed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, there goes nothing: my first chapter of my first fanfic. Personally I always really liked long chapters in fanfics, so when I update I'll try to post pretty long chapters. I've already written chapter 2, 3, 4 and 5 as well, so prepare to get some updates. I hope y'all like it, and please tell me what you think of it! Enjoy c:

~

The sound of his horrible alarm went off and Tyler groaned. He tried to turn it off by slamming on it with his hand and - surprisingly - succeeded. He smiled proudly, but then groaned again. Today was the day. He had to go to his school. His new school, full of strangers. He had no friends, but luckily Zack, his brother, was going to that same school as well. Only Zack was a lot better at making friends than Tyler was. Well, maybe he could join Zack at the breaks. Maybe.

Tyler rolled himself out of bed and stretched his body. What to wear? He opened his closet and picked out his favorite pair of black skinny jeans. It took him a few minutes to decide what to wear on top of it, but then grabbed a plain black shirt and his floral kimono. He changed into his clothes and wore his floral vans underneath. He went to the bathroom to do the usual morning routine; fix his hair, brush his teeth, etc, and then went downstairs where he met his brothers, sister and mom.

"Good morning sweetheart! Are you excited?" Momma Joseph asked and Tyler sighed silently.

"Morning mom, and I guess you can say that!" he said while faking a smile and his mother smiled happily. He didn't want her to worry about him.

"Oh yes, of course, the floral kimono. Like every other first and last day of school. Or just every school day really", Zack teased and Tyler glanced at him. He knew his brother was teasing him, but he just didn't really feel like it this morning. "You know why. It makes me feel safe", he mumbled and Zack nodded while shoving a sandwich into his mouth. Maddie stood up and walked over to him. "Hold on big bro", she said and fixed his kimono, which he was wearing inside out. Tyler blushed. "Thanks Maddie", he smiled, and she returned it.

"Luckily for me, my school doesn't start until next week!" Jay yelled and Tyler groaned.

"Shut up Jay!" Zack and Tyler both said at the same time.

Jay smirked naughtily. "I'm sorry you have to walk to school, honey. Dad is already off to work", momma Joseph said and Tyler shook his head. "It's okay, it's not that far away anyways", he said and pressed a kiss on her cheek. He grabbed a sandwich and stuffed his mouth with it. "I'm already going to school, don't want to be late", Tyler said and grabbed his bag. "See you there Zack!" He yelled while walking to the door. "Okay honey, good luck! Have a good day!" Tyler heard momma Joseph yell after him and he sighed when he closed the door behind him.

This was not going to be a good day.

If only Mark was with him.

But of course he wasn't. One positive thing though: he was living closer to Mark now. Only four hours away instead of six, like the previous town he lived in. Tyler started walking to his new school and knew for a fact that there was a shortcut through the park, so that was where he was headed.

After fifteen minutes of walking, Tyler entered the school gates and a shiver went down his spine. He hated to be alone in a new school. This was the third time he was doing this: the first time he met Mark, who is his best and only friend now. He didn't make any friends the second time, and already gave up all the hope to make new friends in this school. He looked around and saw all kinds of different people walking around. Tyler immediately panicked; he didn't know where he belonged. He didn't know where he'd fit in. He tried to calm himself down and then entered the school, where he went to find his councilor and received his schedule.