Chapter 54: Need You Now (a Lady Antebellum song)

Yo guys guess what? Hopefully gonna make you happy. But not too much yet. I hope you all like it! ^•^ stay with me 💕

~~

Two weeks later, it was Monday and Tyler could go to school again.

But Tyler had a bad flu two weeks ago, because of the cold rain. Jenna went home 'cause she was continuing school again, but Mark stayed for another three days to take care of Tyler, 'cause he was the only one who was allowed in Tyler's room.

He didn't feel like going back to school last week, so he pretended to be sick for another week.

Now he could go back to school, or he could stay at home another day. Just one more day.

It was so tempting to stay home just one more day. No one would miss him anyways.

But his mom wasn't gonna let him leave the house as long as he was sick.

Which means that he hadn't seen Jacoby in two weeks and Jacoby was probably mad.

But just one more day couldn't hurt... Right?

He apologized to Jacoby yesterday night through text, but fell asleep so he hadn't checked if there was an answer yet. He grabbed his phone and saw he had two texts from Jacoby.

"Don't even bother. You won't be seeing me again anyways." The first one read.

Tyler's heart started to beat faster. He was confused. What did he mean? He read the next text.

"I'm going to live in Japan where my family lives. Leaving in one hour. Didn't bother to tell you sooner 'cause you didn't bother to visit me for the last two weeks anyways."

Tyler thought his heart leaped out of his chest because of the heavy pounding.

He couldn't believe this.

This was not true.

It can't be true. It's a joke. Jacoby is fooling him, right?

Of course he was.

This could not be true.

"What?? Are you serious? You're just leaving?" Tyler texted back quickly.

Not delivered.

"Jacoby?? Please tell me this is a joke. Please tell me this is not actually real. C'mon. I promise to visit today... Just tell me this is not real." His fingers raced to get the text typed out as quickly as possible.

Not delivered.

Tyler decided to call. He dialed Jacoby's phone number.

"We are sorry. You have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again."

Tyler ended the call and checked the number.

It was the right number...

He called again.

"We are sorry. You have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again."

He called again.

"We are sorry. You have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in servi...".