The News

"You need a real doctor to check her out," Jared told Quinn and Doc as he reached the top of the stairs. "And what will a doctor tell you I can't," Doc questioned him. Jared let out a laugh. He knew what he had to do but he knew his friend would be pissed at him. "Tell you if her baby is ok," Jared said having no doubt that Shay was pregnant.

     "What," Quinn questioned him staring him straight in the eyes. "If she knows she is denying it or she just doesn't know but she is pregnant," Jared told both the men as he pulled a cigarette from his pack and lit it up. "If she wouldn't know then how would you," Doc asked him with that look so many that were already patched in gave him. Like he was below him because he hadn't patched in. "Mom was a midwife when she was alive remember," he said this time returning the glare at Doc. "Does Sawyer know," Quinn questioned him. It would make sense if Sawyer knew. It could be why Sawyer was wanting to take her away. "No well not really I brought it up to him but he thinks it's stress," Jared answered blowing out a cloud of smoke. "Jesus Christ," Quinn muttered under his breath as he stared at the door.

     Shay was responsible enough for a baby but she was still a kid herself. He didn't want any of this life for her. He had tried so hard to give his kids a good life he hadn't realized how bad he had been messing theirs up. "If anyone can be a successful teen mom it's her," Jared told Quinn trying to comfort him. "It's not that lad," Quinn said as he leaned looking out the window in the hall, "It's that she can't be part of this life anymore. I'm going do anything in my power to get her away from this club. Though now I'm sending her away with a bun in her oven. I need you to promise me that you stick with her and keep her safe." Jared nodded his head in agreement then Quinn said, "Give me your cut now lad and you will go back to being our family only. You will be able to come and go with her as you please. Plus Lilly will be safe from this life and won't ever have to go through the things Shay did."

     He knew he had gotten Jared with the mention of Lilly. "I love this club and was raised to never turn my back on it," Jared told Quinn as he paused to take a long drag of his cigarette, "I'm going see this as not turning my back on the club but going undercover for my King to protect the Princess. So with that being said I'm not covering up the ink." Doc let out a laugh reminding them that he was still there. "What the boy has balls wanting to go out in the world with those tats and no protection," Doc said as he came up and patted Jared on the back.

   "I'm not choosing to leave because well let's face you don't get out of the club we all know that but I'm choosing to take the task presented to me by my King," Jared told him. The truth was if he didn't see it as a task for the King he wouldn't leave. No one left the club on their own accord. You only left this club in a body bag. It wasn't like people in past didn't try but they always came back. "If you step back into this town with her after you leave then you will be pushed like a MC member would be," he told Jared not caring to hide the threat behind his words.

      Shay leaned her head against the door listening to the men talk. They were stupid she thought because there was no escaping this club. No matter where she went or what she changed her name to she would always be the Princess of The Men of Chaos. Someone would always figure out who she was and without protecting of the club it would be like swimming in shark infested waters while bleeding. She knew her dad had to be smart enough to realize that. Maybe what had happened in California had shook him so much that he actually believed he could save her. Though there was no saving her now she was born the Princess and nothing could save her. Though she knew her best protection was here in Lyons with the club. She wouldn't go anywhere.

    Shay opened up the door causing the men to jump. "I'm not going anywhere but I am going to get a pregnancy test," Shay told the men as she stormed past them. "Shay wait," Jared yelled after her but she refused to stop. She hurried down the stairs trying to keep him from catching up to her. "Shay," Sawyer asked coming close to her from across the bar but she ignored him too. She knew he was in on this too. She looked at the floor and hurried out the door. She pushed the bar doors open and gave a glance back. Sawyer and Jared were hot on her heels.