Twenty One

"Bae," Kei Kei drapes her arm over my shoulder while I feet move in perfect sync. The man leads us through a narrow hallway, nothing but framed awards lining the walls.

"Yes, bae?"

"Bae where are we?"

"Bae," I mumble, "We're about to meet our idols."

She nods, nervously fiddling with her fingers.

"They're through here," he stops walking, directing us to a door.

Kei immediately lets down her hair, brown curly locks bouncing on her shoulders. I do the same, my light brown hair cascading half way down my back.

"Ready?" She turns to me, her blue eyes piercing into my brown ones.

"As I'll ever be."

She reaches out, nerves building up in my stomach, and rests her hand on the door knob, twisting it slowly to build up tension.

Then she pulls, nothing happening.

"Miss," the man clears his throat, "It's, um... It's a push door..."

"Oh, of course," she nods awkwardly, pushing on it.

It opens up to reveal a backstage area, a few tech people and other members of crew rush around to set things up, while four boys stand in the centre, laughing at a joke one of them made.

"Hey!" Calum spots us, Keisha letting a whimper escape her lips.

"Hey," I smile, walking over to them with a terrified girl hot on my heels.

Ashton's eyes widen, lips parting.

"Ash," Michael chuckles, "You okay, mate?"

He ignores him, eyes glued to me.

His voice comes out as a small whisper, "H-hi."

"Hi..." Mine is just as quiet, "N-nice to meet you."

"Yeah..." He bites his lip.

Calum leans over to Luke, whispering, "I always thought love at first sight was bullshit..."

"It is," I look over at him for a fraction of a second, and then back at Ash, "It's nice to see you... Again... Pimp daddy."

"Don't," Ashton shakes his head, a grin spreading on his lips, "We're not bringing that up again. Cher..."

"Ash..."

"Cher..."

"Ash..."

"What the fuck is happening?" Kei Kei raises her eyebrows at us.

I smile, my eyes not leaving Ashton's.

"I'm meeting my best friend for the first time in my life."

~*~

The reason this is happening so soon is because this is still ONLY THE BEGINNING. It's still a texting book. But just with a little more story to it.