Verse Three - Danny

Jorel stands up, answering the door as I focus on the story that was open on his laptop; it was about Jordon and I. But we weren't famous anymore; the band split up after all us got together. Dylan and Matty, Jordan and I, Jorel and Deuce are together in this book, but where's George? I can't believe that I can't figure out where George is in this damn thing, and then it clicked as I skim the first few sentences of the chapter.

He cheated, my husband cheated on me, with my ex best friend! I can't believe that he would sink so low. I smile, looking at the shiny metal of the razor blade. I place it in the crease of my elbow, applying pressure

I close the lid, already knowing that George no longer was alive in this story. A small tear trickles down my face and I hastily wipe it off my face, trying to keep from hyperventilating. Jorel walks over, holding the boxes of pizza and the bags of breadsticks. He places them on the bed and sits down next to me. I hand him back his computer and he tosses it onto the other bed. J opens the top box and offers it to me, I grab a big slice, and a cup of marinara. I stuff my face with pizza, as Jorel watches.

"What?" I ask with my mouth still full of pizza.

"This is nice. We haven't really had a chance to hang out since George and I got together." He says, smiling at me; it was impossible to resist smiling back at the Italian.

I swallow my mouthful of pizza; "I miss hanging with you man." I admit, just now realizing it.

"We should make this a regular thing." Jorel chuckles, grabbing a slice of pizza himself and I nod.

"Definitely." I agree.

"I remember when you first joined the band and how shy you were. Well, you're still kind of shy but you get my point." He muses, biting into his pizza, and I do the same.

"Bro hand me some breadsticks." I say through my mouthful of pizza and he opens the bag of cheesy breadsticks, handing me a few of them.

I nod at him in thanks, and he nods back, eating a breadstick himself. He picks up the remote, and turns on the TV. I open my cup of marinara and shove my breadstick into it, before putting it on top of my pizza and eating it. I look over at the TV, seeing he that he had put it on a channel that was showing The Corpse Bride. He turns and looks at me with a big smile on his face.

"Tim Burton is bae." J tells me and I nod in agreement.

"Hell yeah!"

We both begin to watch it happily. After about the movie was over, and we were finished silently quoting the movie, since we both knew it by heart, I feel Jorel move closer, cuddling up against my side. I take a bite of my ninth slice of pizza and swallow it, smiling slightly at the bassist's actions. A few more minutes pass before he just full on lies down on my lap, I begin stroking his soft hair absentmindedly. I finish my slice, and stop stroking his hair.

"Daaanny!" He whines, sitting up and looking at me with a sour expression on his face.

"What?" I ask, looking back at him in confusion.

"Why'd you stop?" Jorel demands, pouting.

"I was going to grab some beer from the fridge..." I explain.

"Oh sorry."

"It's chill man," I say with a yawn, checking my phone for the time, "its like one am."

"Damn for real?" He says, sounding shocked.

"Yeah."

"We should get to bed maybe? We have to get ready for recording We Are tomorrow." Jorel reminds me and I nod in agreement.

He rolls off my bed, grabbing the first pizza box and dumping the rest of the breadsticks into it. Then he takes the other box, and heads over to the fridge. He places them inside and closes the door. I crawl up my bed, and pull back the covers before curling up underneath them. Jorel just stands there, at the foot of my bed, looking like a scared puppy.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"C-could I s-sleep with you? I have n-nightmares by m-m-myself..." He stammers out and I sit up, knowing how he felt.

"Sure J." I peel my covers back and move over a bit.

"Thank you Danny." J mumbles as he gets in my bed, snuggling up against me quietly.

"No problem, I have nightmares too." I reply and he nods, closing his dark brown eyes.

After a little while he was sound asleep, snoring softly. I smile down at him, covering us back up. He's not so bad after all, I realize, it's not his fault that he loves George; he didn't know about my feelings. I shouldn't hate him for it, because it's not going to change anything. Stealing a glance at his sleeping form, hearing him mumble something in his sleep as he holds me tight. I close my eyes, wrapping my arms around him in return, allowing him to nuzzle up closer onto my chest. I can't be such a bad person after all; I did help my "enemy" when he needed me. I inhale, smelling his scent of brown sugar and cigarettes, and focus on falling asleep. Then I realize what he had said.

"Safe." He had mumbled.