Chapter 23

The man in his usual black suit who stands in his imperious demeanor had his brows creased the moment he read the business proposal in his hands.

Shida Mitsukage, even when he was already in his late 40s, still stood lean and poised like he was when he was younger. His hair might have started to turn grayish, yet his face remained striking as it did before. He was noted in the business industry as one of the most clever and prominent business tycoons there is.

And that prowess of his was inherited by his youngest daughter, Shida Mirai. Mirai is intelligent, actually, she was beyond intelligent. She is what people would call a prodigy, a genius. She skipped grades like an ordinary girl would skip jump ropes. In her elementary years, she solved some businesses' muddles in a blink of an eye. And when she graduated from a business school outside of the country when she was just 15 years old, everyone in their world knew of her. And at 18, she took the position of an acting CEO in their main company, SHINE.

Never did he think that that intelligence, that prowess, would be the cause for him to lose his daughter.

"Uncle, I'm sorry about what had happened. I know I can never bring back what has been lost and what has been taken by my father. But, let me make up for everything..."

He looked at the young man standing in front of him. The son of his best friend, and also his daughter's own best friend and fiance.

Nakajima Yuto

He was known just like his daughter, for he was also a prodigy in his own accord. He too is a genius in their career, but unlike his daughter, he was soft and can never be given the task to decide, for his emotions would always go beyond his logic.

"How can I trust the son of the man who betrayed his own best friend and even his own family?"

Yuto looked at him, and this is the first time that he had seen that look in the kid's eyes. It was tenacity beyond comparison and he was sure that whatever happens, this kid's resolve will never waver.

"Because I am the son of the man who betrayed his own best friend and even his own family for the woman he loves..."

He frowned when he heard his answer but he was rather taken aback when he looked at him straight in the eyes and smiled faintly before continuing,

"And I love your daughter more than any man could ever love a woman."

With that, just with that short reply from him, Shida Mitsukage nodded in submission.

"Then, I entrust my daughter to you now, Nakajima Yuto. Please don't fail me... Don't fail her..."

******************************************************************************************

"Everything is going according to plan. They trust him. Now, make sure that that girl will be where we need her to be." it was a voice of a man speaking to someone on his phone.

"Make sure you do your job well. We can't afford another failure from you. I will get that company, and my son will get his price." he then hung up and smiled at the picture on his desk.

"I'll finally be able to get your company back, darling. And this time, we'll surely succeed because our son will help us. Yuto will make our dreams come true."

*****************************************************************************************

"Come on, Miyu! Let's play! I borrowed a new game from Chii yesterday~" it was Ryosuke who was grabbing Miyu by the hand and was trying to pull her towards the staircase.